cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the AMEX error CLI message if you request before the 6 month period?

tag
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

What is the AMEX error CLI message if you request before the 6 month period?

I heard that the CLI policy with amex is 61 days from account open, then 90 days after that. 

Can someone that has requested their 2nd increase before they reached 6 months tell me what the message was, or if it was even approved?

Thank you

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the AMEX error CLI message if you request before the 6 month period?

I heard it just say there was not enough time between two CLIs.

Message 2 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: What is the AMEX error CLI message if you request before the 6 month period?

Day 62 then 6 months from then.

However I saw at least one post about getting a new account and then requesting and getting approved for CLI at same time if they were at the 6 months.... before it was thought you had to choose.

Message 3 of 9
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

Can there be any harm attempting?

Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@nada9188 wrote:

Can there be any harm attempting?

Nope

That's why I apply at least 1 a year to see if Im still black listed! it's a SP or maybe nothing for me, checks internal computer first then pulls SP...

CLI are SP and you can request every month if you want...

Message 5 of 9
Crashem
Valued Contributor

If rejected for cli, there is waiting period from what I understand.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 6 of 9
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:
If rejected for cli, there is waiting period from what I understand.

I think you have to wait an additonal 6 months. Someone may correct me on this though....

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 7 of 9
FrugalRican
Blogger

I was rejected for a CLI and someone told me it was 90 days if rejected, 6 months if approved.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 8 of 9
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

I was rejected for a CLI and someone told me it was 90 days if rejected, 6 months if approved.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.