Established Contributor
SamsungHDTV

What is the BEST rewards CC out there?

I'm talking about the cards with maximum rewards and/or perks. Include the name, rewards, and annual fee if any.

Example:

Credit Card: Chase Freedom

Rewards: %5 cash back on rotation catagories (on up to $1500 in purchases/quarter), 1% on everything else. 10% bonus if you have a Chase checking.

Anuual fee: none

I'm a personal banker and do a lot of auto loans serving the Houston area.
I suggest first time car buyers to read the sticky guide in the auto loan section.
I try to check these forums often, but if I missed your post, please feel free to message me with a link to it.
Established Contributor
sccredit

Re: What is the BEST rewards CC out there?

This is absolutely a YMMV question.  Personally, I love my Freedom and Discover it cards.  My wife loves her Hilton card.

Everyone's going to have their own opinion. 

Unsecured Credit: Amex BCP $24,900; Chase Sapphire Preferred $24,200; Discover It $12,500; Chase Ink Cash $15,000; Chase Slate $13,500; Citi TYP $12,900; Amex SPG Biz $3,000; US Bank Platinum $8,600; DCU Visa $10,000; Logix FCU $15,000; Citi Home Depot $8,800; Lowes $5,000; Care Credit $6,000; Penfed Platinum Sig $16,000; Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC $5,000; Bank of America World Points Business Visa $8,000; US Bank PLOC Overdraft $1,500; US Bank Edge Rewards Business $10,000; PenFed PLOC $5,000

Established Contributor
SamsungHDTV

sccredit wrote:

This is absolutely a YMMV question.  Personally, I love my Freedom and Discover it cards.  My wife loves her Hilton card.

Of course this is a YMMV question. Everyone's opinion is exactly what I'm looking for.

Do you know why your wife lvoes her Hilton card? I'm assuming she stays at the Hilton a lot, but how does the rewards program work?

I'm a personal banker and do a lot of auto loans serving the Houston area.
I suggest first time car buyers to read the sticky guide in the auto loan section.
I try to check these forums often, but if I missed your post, please feel free to message me with a link to it.
Valued Contributor
lg8302ch

SamsungHDTV wrote:

sccredit wrote:

fully agree.... for me the overall best is CapOne Visa....why? No foreign transaction fees, 1,5% cash back on everything and great acceptance worldwide and no AF. Discover would have this feature as well but I find myself most of the time ending paying with CapOne Visa because even with the Diners Club logo the card does not get recognized. For online purchases it is Chase and Discover, for groceries in the US it is AX...... I would say I love all my cards and each for a different feature. ...and that is why there is not only one perfect card for everything :heart: all of mine!

FICO® EQ 788 (as of today) - TU 767 (09/28) * Fako EX 789 (09/02 - CS) * last app 06/01/14 * INQ last 2 yrs TU: 5, EX: 7, EQ: 7

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!..................................................................* Silver Spade Garden Club member *

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}