Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the Synch rule?

tag
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

What is the Synch rule?

In the last 12 months I have obtained 5 cards from Synhrony.  I thought I read somewhere that after 5 they cut you off or something like that.  The thing is I may need to apply for Care Credit.  Will this be an automatic denial or cause them to shut down my other accounts?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the Synch rule?

Hard to say..  Synch has got to be the wierdest bank i've ever dealt with.  They have been giving me massive amounts of love here lately tho.  Before now tho, they were shunning me.  One month they love you, the next they don't.. I guess it would depend on your score.  They monitor TU like a hawk.  As long as it stays high, your probably golden.

Message 2 of 9
kaw943
Regular Contributor

@redE2move wrote:

In the last 12 months I have obtained 5 cards from Synhrony.  I thought I read somewhere that after 5 they cut you off or something like that.  The thing is I may need to apply for Care Credit.  Will this be an automatic denial or cause them to shut down my other accounts

Not sure how many you can have I would call them to find out, I do know I applied for the carecredit just to have incase of something and it asked me how much I wanted I listed 15k and that it was I got in an instant approval from them.  So they have been generous. 

Trans 740| Equifax 722| Experian 733| Chase Sapphire Reserve 20k|Discover It 12k| Bofa Cash Rewards 22k| Citi Prestige 11k and AA Executive WEMC 22k|Amazon SC 7k|FNBO TravElite 10k| Amex Plat NSPL, Everyday Preferred 6k|PenFed Plat Rewards
Message 3 of 9
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

I just thought I read somewhere here that they would burn me if I applied for too many of their products within 12 or 24 months.  They've been really generous to me over the last 4 weeks.  Each of my lines with them have gone up $2000 or more within the last 25 days.  So I'm not sure if I would be pushing it by adding a 6th line within 12 months.  

Message 4 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You have to be careful when adding alot of Synchrony accounts in to short of a time. It can lead to blue envelooes and account scrutiny. Now if you have those other accounts spaced out you should be ok, but theres always a chance that another account could be 1 too many. I dont think it would be automatic denial based off other Sync accounts, each Sync card has different underwriting but just do what makes you feel comfortable. There are some good Sync threads here to explain the blue envelope just fyi. Good luckSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 9
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

Thats what it was....BLUE envelopes.  Yes thanks I'll do some research on that.  I don't wanna go scaring them off.

Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yeah sometimes you csn do everything right and still get burned. One of those risks we take in having Sync or Comenity in our profilesSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 9
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Yeah sometimes you csn do everything right and still get burned. One of those risks we take in having Sync or Comenity in our profilesSmiley Wink

Yeah. I get my hair done at Ulta. I'd REALLY be racking up those Ulta points. But I already have two Comenity cards

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be fine, as long as you CRs don't show up anything weird to make them react.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.