cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the approval criteria for discover now a days?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the approval criteria for discover now a days?

Applied on the 25th with TU frozen, they pulled EQ (773), approved instantly, showed up on my EX on the 27th with a $3000 CL.

Guess they must have peeked at my TU after approval, which isn't scheduled to be clean until MaySmiley Wink

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the 'preapproved' letter, applied and was approved early Nov, with 4 or 5 very recent inq's and  8 new tl's (6 months or less), but I've also heard a lot of people say they were declined for recent inq's, no idea what the difference was with me. The credit line is amongst my lowest, and they warned me they were not a very generous company. But their cs is great. FWIW, Amex declined me early last year for too many inquiries, when all I had was one.
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

No new accounts, but if you are preapproved you may get away with 1 or 2 newbies.  Of course no lates, baddies,etc.
Message 13 of 23
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

They're included in my 2011 app spree as long as they stay customer friendly.
Message 14 of 23
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

Hi VEEnVEGAS, I'm just wondering if you are in Vegas. I live there so I was just curious. It seems that most of the CR that are pulled from Vegas, are for Equifax. If you are from Vegas, if you don't mine sharing, let me know what credit cards you were able to obtain here. I also filed a BK in 2005. How long did it take you to recover, it's been 8 years for you and you have very good scores. I'm around 680 now.
Message 15 of 23
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I would go with HSBC and Capital One.
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

After getting two "invitations" in the last two months I applied and was approved for $3000.  They pulled TU with a FICO score of 708, 1 inquiry and two new accounts.  They pull soft inquiries on my husbands TU report.  We live in Georgia.

Not sure why I even got the invitations, I have opted out with all the credit bureaus.

Dee

Message 17 of 23
CreditKnight_850
Valued Member

I applied yesterday for sams club discover, they pulled my TU and my score is 685 with about 3 inquiries in past 6 months. It said that i will be notified in 7-10 days of the decision.

Thanks,

Khawar 

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi favor

Yes, I live in Vegas (Henderson actually)...good to hear from someone in the same area. Kind of scary here right now, huh?

Your scores are really good for a 4 yr old BK too...what CC do you have now?

Cap One and Providian were the first credit card companies to trust me..then Juniper/Barclays. Do you have any of those?

In Vegas Juniper pulls TU, my new Citi Bank and US Bank pulled EX. Only the Discover was an EQ pull.

Vee

BTW...have you checked out the BK friendly threads here?

Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 04-02-2009 10:10 AM
Message 19 of 23
LindaLu
Regular Contributor

question......was Discover on our bankruptcy?  if so was it a 7 or 13?   and if they were not do you or does anyone know if they "blacklist" when you include them on your bankruptcy?  mine will be 2 years old next month and it was chapter 7....I don't want to wait my time if they will just deny me because they were on my bankruptcy...It may be a stupid question but some dont....for instance hsbc did not blacklist me as I got 3 cards from them within 1st year of bankruptcy when I included them in my bankruptcy..

any info would help!

thanks!

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.