Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best GE issued Visa or MC?

tag
Sooners2013
Regular Contributor

What is the best GE issued Visa or MC?

After reading so much about the GE cards on here and the SP credit line increases, I am wanting to apply for one.  So, what is the best GE card to go for?  Do any give larger limits that others? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: What is the best GE issued Visa or MC?

Walmart seems most popular but it's discover if you get that over store card but you do get free TU fico with paperless statements.

i liked my paypal mc in past but really comes down to where you shop.

all can Get the huge CL's through credit solutions if you qualify

Message 2 of 7
JonStur
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Walmart seems most popular but it's discover if you get that over store card but you do get free TU fico with paperless statements.

i liked my paypal mc in past but really comes down to where you shop.

all can Get the huge CL's through credit solutions if you qualify

+1....add Sam's club to that mix...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 3 of 7
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Best in terms of limit or rewards? If its strictly Visa or MC you're looking for Walmart and Sams are out of the mix. I would say the Ebates Visa is GE's best but it tends to have higher requirements than their other Visa/MC.
Message 4 of 7
Ron1
Super Contributor

I like my Ebates Visa Signature card. I use it to buy online thru ebates. It is my favorite card.

Ron.

Message 5 of 7
krial
Regular Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I like my Ebates Visa Signature card. I use it to buy online thru ebates. It is my favorite card.

Ron.

I was recently approved for the Ebates card myself, though my limit was too low to get the Signature version. On the other hand... at least there is a Signature version! If you qualify for it, I would say that's certainly the best option for a general GE credit card.

Goal: 800, Current Scores: EX 735, EQ 746, TU 745
Message 6 of 7
Ron1
Super Contributor

@krial wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

I was recently approved for the Ebates card myself, though my limit was too low to get the Signature version. On the other hand... at least there is a Signature version! If you qualify for it, I would say that's certainly the best option for a general GE credit card.

Congrats on your approval!!! Smiley Happy  I already put over $100 on the card less than 1 month.  I earned over $5.00 cash back plus $10 bonus for first purchase.

Ron.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.