Contributor
Sooners2013

What is the best GE issued Visa or MC?

After reading so much about the GE cards on here and the SP credit line increases, I am wanting to apply for one.  So, what is the best GE card to go for?  Do any give larger limits that others? 

Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: What is the best GE issued Visa or MC?

Walmart seems most popular but it's discover if you get that over store card but you do get free TU fico with paperless statements.

i liked my paypal mc in past but really comes down to where you shop.

all can Get the huge CL's through credit solutions if you qualify

Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 662 Walmart, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 40 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
JonStur

Creditaddict wrote:

Walmart seems most popular but it's discover if you get that over store card but you do get free TU fico with paperless statements.

i liked my paypal mc in past but really comes down to where you shop.

all can Get the huge CL's through credit solutions if you qualify

+1....add Sam's club to that mix...

Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K
Senior Contributor
B335is

Best in terms of limit or rewards? If its strictly Visa or MC you're looking for Walmart and Sams are out of the mix. I would say the Ebates Visa is GE's best but it tends to have higher requirements than their other Visa/MC.
Senior Contributor
Ron1

I like my Ebates Visa Signature card. I use it to buy online thru ebates. It is my favorite card.

Ron.

Contributor
krial

[ Edited ]

Ron1 wrote:

I like my Ebates Visa Signature card. I use it to buy online thru ebates. It is my favorite card.

Ron.

I was recently approved for the Ebates card myself, though my limit was too low to get the Signature version. On the other hand... at least there is a Signature version! If you qualify for it, I would say that's certainly the best option for a general GE credit card.

Goal: 740, Current Scores: EX ~680, EQ ~700, TU 714, total credit $33,552, utilization %3.

Home Depot $5502, Discover IT $4000, Walmart Discover $4000, Ebates Visa $2500, Chase Freedom $2200, Amazon Store $2100, Barclay Rewards $1000, Sportsman's Guide $1000, Victoria's Secret $750, OCCU Beaver $500. AU: AMEX Blue $5000, AMEX BCE $3000, Chase Freedom $2000.
Senior Contributor
Ron1

krial wrote:

Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

I was recently approved for the Ebates card myself, though my limit was too low to get the Signature version. On the other hand... at least there is a Signature version! If you qualify for it, I would say that's certainly the best option for a general GE credit card.

Congrats on your approval!!! :smileyhappy:  I already put over $100 on the card less than 1 month.  I earned over $5.00 cash back plus $10 bonus for first purchase.

Ron.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+