cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best No Annual Fee card?

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: What is the best No Annual Fee card?

@nenuco wrote:

Congrats on the multiple approvals!! You can call the Chase automated line and it will tell you your CL Smiley Happy

@I called in. $5,000 credit line @ 22.99 apr. Ouch that would be brutal to carry a balance on. I got a phone number for lending operations to ask for a recon on limit and APR. This is the number 1-888-871-4715

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 51 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

[Duplicate Message]

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 52 of 95
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

@ Dustink: That's an awesome credit line! Carrying a balance on this card would negate the benefits of having a card like this, so APR should be irrelevant. What happened with the Citi card? Your app spree seemed to have gone well so congrats!

@ Maiden_girl: Sounds like a good idea, I think you will like that card. More importantly Chase has great CS, which makes all the difference.

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 53 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I'm going to call citi. I think it is a stretch on that one.

BTW: I have never paid a bank/cc fee or interest in my life.

Message 54 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I am thinking about getting a capital one prime card, but I don't think the HP is worth it even if approved...

Message 55 of 95
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

@ Dustink: That would be interesting, if you got approved it would entice me to apply. Let me know... I'm very interested Smiley Tongue

Message 56 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

@ Dustink: That would be interesting, if you got approved it would entice me to apply. Let me know... I'm very interested Smiley Tongue

I got declined, and the office is currently closed. I will call for recon. I would have denied me too. They were my last app, so they see a bunch of HP's. I am not sure how I am going to explain all the HP's Smiley Happy

I think I will plead something along the lines of. I have all my accounts with XXX bank, but I want to start my relationship with your bank. I have heard great things about your bank, and I have always been interested in giving my business to you. I look forward to being your customer and I think it would be in both of our best interests if you reconsidered that application. Then I will go on to explain how perfect my credit history is.

I don't want the basic thank you card, I only want the prefered card. So it is going to be an interesting phone call to say the least. I will updated you on all the cards after my calls.

Message 57 of 95
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Did you get declined for Cap 1 or Citi?
Message 58 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@nenuco wrote:
Did you get declined for Cap 1 or Citi?

Citi. I didn't even apply for crap1. I am pretty sure they would approve a monkey.

Message 59 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Are you interested in applying for capital one? If so I don't mind either, but their customer service drives me nuts. Even them paying me $100 to sign up doesn't make me want to deal with it. I think I will pass on them unless you think otherwise.

Message 60 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.