cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best No Annual Fee card?

tag
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Re: What is the best No Annual Fee card?

I've wanted their Green Cash Back card for a while. Supposedly that card gets a different class of customer service, plus it has no AF. I applied for six cards so you still have room to go lol. Looking at your other post I just realized I had more previous inquiries than you do. Although I would be a little jealous if you got approved, bringing my lustful credit alter ego out and probably end up applying for it. Let me know Smiley Happy
Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 61 of 95
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

I think if approved, it would a nice card to have. Plus there is no AF which is nice, mmmm what should I do?
Message 62 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I don't recommend applying. I was declined and now I am "ineligible for approval for another Capital One Credit Card within the next 45 days."

I am up to 5 HP's. So much for buying a house anytime soon...lol

\
Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 63 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@nenuco wrote:
I think if approved, it would a nice card to have. Plus there is no AF which is nice, mmmm what should I do?

I took the hit so you don't have too. I will call for recon and will let you know the results.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 64 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I have the journey card with a 1.5K limit already. Although, it would be very nice to get some better customer service out of them. When you said that, I was sold.

Message 65 of 95
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@CardinalRules wrote:

In my opinion, the best no AF card is the U.S. Bank Cash+ card. You get to choose two 5% categories and a 2% category each quarter, and when you accrue $100 in cashback, you get a bonus $25, so it effectively becomes a 6.25% cashback card on the bonus categories you choose. The categories aren't too bad either and include BillPay, Airlines, Restaraunts, and Department Stores. It is a Visa Signature card though and it requires a pretty good credit score.

+ 1 - this is an excellent card to carry!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 66 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

US Bank will take until friday to decide whether I should get that card or not. I already have 3 credit cards with them, including their flexperks signature. So I think chances of approval are slim. My credit history is very short. But hopefully I am able to get the card, the 5% on two categories is the most enticing to me. I have the platinum package, so I will get a bonus on that as well.

Message 67 of 95
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

How did it go with Citi & Cap 1?

Message 68 of 95
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Oh and now that you got a Chase Freedom, you should open up a checking account with them to get the 10/10 extra points.

Message 69 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Bad News:

Capital one and citi declined me. I only have 1 credit card over a year old, so citi told me to wait awhile and try again. Crap1 didn't have a clue about anything as usual.

I will garden for 6 months and then go on another app spree with citi being the first application.

Good News:

Amex HHonors $2k approval

Chase Freedom $5k approval

US Bank, still hasn't flat out said no. So, might still be hope there.

Message 70 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.