cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best No Annual Fee card?

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: What is the best No Annual Fee card?

@nenuco wrote:

Oh and now that you got a Chase Freedom, you should open up a checking account with them to get the 10/10 extra points.

I was thinking that too, but I don't want to complicate my finances too much. For tax purposes I like to only have one deposit account. I will talk to Chase.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 71 of 95
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

IMHO out of the five cards you applied for you got approved for the best two. Chase and Amex are great lenders to have a relationship with and I think you will enjoy them both.

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 72 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

IMHO out of the five cards you applied for you got approved for the best two. Chase and Amex are great lenders to have a relationship with and I think you will enjoy them both.

I think citi would have been nice too, but I agree with you. Maybe US Bank will surprise me, but I'm not holding my breath.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 73 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@nenuco wrote:

I am having my doubts about Chase. Although I was approved for the $5k limit. They did not grant me the no interest on purchases or balance transfers, and my APR is 23%. It almost seems like false advertising to show promotions, then approve the card but not the promotions.

For those that this is applicable to. They pulled EQ and my internal score was 719.

Message 74 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

Bad News:

Capital one and citi declined me. I only have 1 credit card over a year old, so citi told me to wait awhile and try again. Crap1 didn't have a clue about anything as usual.

I will garden for 6 months and then go on another app spree with citi being the first application.

Good News:

Amex HHonors $2k approval

Chase Freedom $5k approval

US Bank, still hasn't flat out said no. So, might still be hope there.

It is looking like an approval from US Bank for the Cash+

They initially auto declined because I already had three credit cards with them. I called in and they said I just need to verify some info but that department is currently closed. The underwriter I spoke with told me all looked good accept that the verifications department needed to verify something like my address. I told them I was willing to close out my college card ($500 limit) and my select rewards ($1000 limit) cards contingent on approval for the cash+, that must have been all they needed to hear. Although another issue is that they didn't HP until after I had applied for a bunch of other cards assuming I had been declined by them.

So it looks like I will have US Bank's top two cards, the Flexperks signature and the Cash+. That is with less than a year and half of credit history.

Message 75 of 95
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! That's awesome Smiley Happy Are these cards worth getting? I am currently a BoA customer... so I don't know if it's more beneficial if you are a U.S. bank customer to get the full threshold of possible rewards. 

Message 76 of 95
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

What was the CL?

Message 77 of 95
Dustink
Valued Contributor

They are worth getting for sure. I am getting 3% for all purchases from the flexperks card (with platinum package), and more on some bonus categories. The cash+ card offers 5% (plus platinum pack bonus) on two categories of your choice. So far they have had the best customer service out of all the credit card companies I have ever called. If I have a problem they take care of it.

It makes sense to open a checking package with them, extra points and better customer service IMO. I think they are a great bank, I do some banking with BoA and prefer US Bank.

The minimum limit for both cards is $5k. That is what mine stand at. When you log in to view the limit online, it is not displayed like their other cards are. It is a pretty soft limit and they will gladly approve purchases that go over with no fee.

I still do not have the second card in my hands and activated, until that point I should stop saying I have it because you never know what they will do.

Message 78 of 95
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Yeah, I have got to say IMO the US Bank CASH+ is the best no AF card  period.  If you have a checking account it just makes it even sweeter.  

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 79 of 95
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Do you have the flexperks without the AF? I might include the Cash+ on my next run. Since they don't have any atm fees, it shouldn't be a problem that they don't have any branches/ ATM's where I live.

Message 80 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.