Valued Contributor
CreditScholar

Re: What is the best No Annual Fee card?

Dustink wrote:

flowfaster wrote:

Omaplatypus wrote:

+1 for Chase Freedom and I'll add Chase Sapphire non-preferred.

I am not trying to disrespect but I fail to see how the regular Saphire card could be considerd the "best NO AF card".  Freedom maybe but the regular Saphire is just a 1% card right?

The sapphire offers double points on dining and a 10,000 point sign up bonus.

If dining is what you're after just get a Citi Forward. That offers 5% on dining and entertainment like movies. Unless someone wants access to the UR mall, I fail to see any value in the normal sapphire whatsoever. There are way better options out there.
FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Valued Contributor
Dustink

CreditScholar wrote:

Dustink wrote:

flowfaster wrote:

Omaplatypus wrote:

I am not trying to disrespect but I fail to see how the regular Saphire card could be considerd the "best NO AF card".  Freedom maybe but the regular Saphire is just a 1% card right?

If dining is what you're after just get a Citi Forward. That offers 5% on dining and entertainment like movies. Unless someone wants access to the UR mall, I fail to see any value in the normal sapphire whatsoever. There are way better options out there.

I am not after anything in particular. I spend a fair amount of money in all categories. I was just pointing out the benefits of that card.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Valued Contributor
Dustink

Dustink wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

Dustink wrote:

flowfaster wrote:

Omaplatypus wrote:

I am not after anything in particular. I spend a fair amount of money in all categories. I was just pointing out the benefits of that card.

But yes I agree...Better cards out there.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Contributor
xboxrunner

Dustink wrote:

xboxrunner wrote:

I didn't scan through all the pages, but here are a few good no fee cards that I use.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday- 3% Groceries, 2% Gas, 1% Everything else.

Chase Freedom- 5% on quarterly rotating categories like Gas, Retail Stores, Travel. and 1% on everything else.

Citi Dividend- Basically same as the Chase Freedom.

Chase freedom has been mentioned. I apped for it and was approved for a $5k limit. Also got the AMEX HHonors card.

I am looking into apping for citi on my next spree. It looks like that dividend card converts to a world elite MC. Have you called to see if you can get yours upgraded, free lounge access!!!

Im thinking about trying again, I did once, but the lady didnt even know what a WE MC was. lol.  Wouldn't mind the shiny MC logo--looks fancy.

Experian (CreditSesame)- 823 (8/2/14), 761 (Citi-4/26/13), 823 (Credit.com-8/2/2014)
Equifax Fico (MyFico) Fico- 745 (7/15/11)
Transunion (Credit Karma)- 790 (8/2/14)
Vantagescore (Credit Karma)- 896 (8/2/14)
Vantagescore 3.0 (credit.com)- 805 (8/2/14)
Contributor
nenuco

[ Edited ]

xboxrunner wrote:

Dustink wrote:

xboxrunner wrote:

I didn't scan through all the pages, but here are a few good no fee cards that I use.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday- 3% Groceries, 2% Gas, 1% Everything else.

Chase Freedom- 5% on quarterly rotating categories like Gas, Retail Stores, Travel. and 1% on everything else.

Citi Dividend- Basically same as the Chase Freedom.

Chase freedom has been mentioned. I apped for it and was approved for a $5k limit. Also got the AMEX HHonors card.

I am looking into apping for citi on my next spree. It looks like that dividend card converts to a world elite MC. Have you called to see if you can get yours upgraded, free lounge access!!!

Im thinking about trying again, I did once, but the lady didnt even know what a WE MC was. lol.  Wouldn't mind the shiny MC logo--looks fancy.

I wonder what that looks like. I want to do the same, but had the same issue :smileysad:

Garden Mode... kind of... sort of (•‿•)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+