Reply
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012

Re: What is the best No Annual Fee card?

I have the black flexperks card with an AF. The fee is waived by pushing $2k through the card each month.

 

IMO the flexperks card is better than the cash+, because I am always fond of points over cash back. But yes, for a no AF cash back card, the cash+ is the best.

 

I am not sure how hard it is to get approved. I think a banker once mentioned those two cards require a 740 fico for approval. I know they approved me based on relationship with the bank over credit profile as I essentially had no credit. So applying without a relationship with the bank might be a challenge. PM me if you are apping. My flexperks number will get you an extra 2500 points at approval.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012

Re: What is the best No Annual Fee card?

Anybody else have any more opinions on the best no annual fee cards?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Contributor
xboxrunner
Posts: 139
Registered: ‎05-30-2011

Re: What is the best No Annual Fee card?

I didn't scan through all the pages, but here are a few good no fee cards that I use.

 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday- 3% Groceries, 2% Gas, 1% Everything else.

Chase Freedom- 5% on quarterly rotating categories like Gas, Retail Stores, Travel. and 1% on everything else.

Citi Dividend- Basically same as the Chase Freedom.

 

 


Experian (CreditSesame)- 821 (7/2/14), 761 (Citi-4/26/13), 821 (Credit.com-7/2/2014)
Equifax Fico (MyFico) Fico- 745 (7/15/11)
Transunion (Credit Karma)- 789 (7/2/14)
Vantagescore (Credit Karma)- 894 (7/2/14)
Super Contributor
CS800
Posts: 6,548
Registered: ‎04-07-2008

Re: What is the best No Annual Fee card?


maiden_girl wrote:

LOL its ok! It made me laugh tho :smileyvery-happy:

 

I was thinking of applying to Chase Freedom (my final card) in December 2012. So far, I've been in the garden since lastmonth but I'd really like a second VISA card.


It never is the final card. Take it from a recovering AA (App Addict)




Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012

Re: What is the best No Annual Fee card?

[ Edited ]

xboxrunner wrote:

I didn't scan through all the pages, but here are a few good no fee cards that I use.

 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday- 3% Groceries, 2% Gas, 1% Everything else.

Chase Freedom- 5% on quarterly rotating categories like Gas, Retail Stores, Travel. and 1% on everything else.

Citi Dividend- Basically same as the Chase Freedom.

 

 


Chase freedom has been mentioned. I apped for it and was approved for a $5k limit. Also got the AMEX HHonors card.

 

I am looking into apping for citi on my next spree. It looks like that dividend card converts to a world elite MC. Have you called to see if you can get yours upgraded, free lounge access!!!

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012

Re: What is the best No Annual Fee card?


CS800 wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

LOL its ok! It made me laugh tho :smileyvery-happy:

 

I was thinking of applying to Chase Freedom (my final card) in December 2012. So far, I've been in the garden since lastmonth but I'd really like a second VISA card.


It never is the final card. Take it from a recovering AA (App Addict)


I am an app addict no doubt. I don't think I will ever be content with the cards I have. Do you think over time rewards will get worse or improve?

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Contributor
nenuco
Posts: 228
Registered: ‎07-30-2011

Re: What is the best No Annual Fee card?

I am unsure if they still offer it, but I have a Dividend MC. This is suppose to be the easiest to upgrade to the World Elite. I only see the Visa version on their sight though. They may be able to do a product change.

Garden Mode... kind of... sort of (•‿•)
Frequent Contributor
somnipotent
Posts: 367
Registered: ‎06-02-2008

Re: What is the best No Annual Fee card?

+1 for Chase Freedom and I'll add Chase Sapphire non-preferred.


AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Established Contributor
flowfaster
Posts: 787
Registered: ‎08-30-2011

Re: What is the best No Annual Fee card?


Omaplatypus wrote:

+1 for Chase Freedom and I'll add Chase Sapphire non-preferred.


I am not trying to disrespect but I fail to see how the regular Saphire card could be considerd the "best NO AF card".  Freedom maybe but the regular Saphire is just a 1% card right?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Valued Contributor
Dustink
Posts: 2,980
Registered: ‎10-02-2012

Re: What is the best No Annual Fee card?


flowfaster wrote:

Omaplatypus wrote:

+1 for Chase Freedom and I'll add Chase Sapphire non-preferred.


I am not trying to disrespect but I fail to see how the regular Saphire card could be considerd the "best NO AF card".  Freedom maybe but the regular Saphire is just a 1% card right?


The sapphire offers double points on dining and a 10,000 point sign up bonus.

 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    


     $14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+