Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Re: What is the best Visa and best Mastercard

[ Edited ]

fail2deliver wrote:
I don't need another checking acct, just the card :smileyhappy:

You have to become a member whether through a regularshare account.... Same rules apply.  They do pull for the savings account.

Message Edited by Brammy on 12-15-2007 08:36 PM

Message Edited by Brammy on 12-15-2007 08:36 PM
Contributor
fail2deliver

So basically if I want the card, and just the card, I have to open a regularshare savings account w/ them (this is for penfed) and deposit 5 bucks.

Would they hit me w/ service fees, or frown upon accounts opened purely to get the card? (And would this go for all credit unions)
Contributor
fail2deliver

Wait.. I just checked, you can only join if you work for certain organizations.
Senior Contributor
imducky

usually no fees to maintain a share account and you can join through joining an association. brammy can give you the one for penfed. justice you can get in by joining the national sheriff's association.
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Sorry, military affiliation here.. Should be on the site tho.
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Oh here it is
The National Military Family Association (NMFA) is a leading non-profit advocacy organization for military families.
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Dont think there are any fees onthe share account
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

fail2deliver wrote:
So basically if I want the card, and just the card, I have to open a regularshare savings account w/ them (this is for penfed) and deposit 5 bucks.

Would they hit me w/ service fees, or frown upon accounts opened purely to get the card? (And would this go for all credit unions)

I serioously doubt they would hit you with fees just because the only thing you have is a savings account.  If the credit card is all you are interested in why would you app anything else.  But in order to take advantage of the products, you have to own a share f the credit union.  Think this is standard for all credit unions.

Contributor
fail2deliver

Lol, never thought there'd be so many things involved in getting a credit card :smileytongue:

Well, that's good to know if I do end up picking a credit union card, thanks for the info :smileyhappy:
Super Contributor
concorduser

Does penfed do a hard when we open the savings account? Another credit union when I joined they did a hard just to open the savings account.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}