cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best cash back/rewards card out right now?

tag
mjr2444

What is the best cash back/rewards card out right now?

I feel like I'm losing out as I am self-employed and normally run up 200-250k in purchases per year for the business (so I'm looking for rewards on ALL purchases as extra rewards on gas/groceries does no good). Any advice? I would obviously pay it all off every month so APR probably wouldn't matter. Thanks.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is the best cash back/rewards card out right now?

So are you looking for a business credit card?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 20
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

There are a few good cards out there, but I would suggest the: Chase Ink card, Amex BCE card or the Capital One Quicksilver card. Just my 2 cents.

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 3 of 20
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Best is always highly subjective.  What category/ies are the majority of the spend in?  For non-cash back rewards programs you have to consider the redemption methods you can use with a given rewards program and how that impacts rewards value.  You'll need to provide a lot more information so we can understand what your requirements are in order to suggest a "best" solution.

Cash back comparisons are easy.  All you have to do is multiply your spend by the earn rate to compare for yourself.  You'll have to do some more digging for miles/points rewards programs.

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you like travel, Chase Ink+ and AmEx Everyday Preferred are pretty great point accumulators.

At your level of spend, the AmEx Starwood Preferred Guest and Starwood Preferred Business are viable for all spend. United Club Card is also good at high spend levels, if you live near one of their hubs.

For regular cashback: ink+ or ink cash, discover it and chase freedom, amex blue cash preferred, citi doublecash or capital one quicksilver.

Or of course, if you just want great service at a high price, run all your spend through an AmEx Platinum and try to get a Centurion invite. 

Message 5 of 20
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

If you want the best straight up cash back rewards it would be the doublecash, 1% when you purchase and 1% when you pay it off.  If you have travel expenses you should really look into the Chase Sapphire Preferred card or Arrivals+.  The freedom and Shapphire could be a really good combo to have.  The freedom will give you 5% in certain catergories, which your business expenses may fall under.  A little more info about your expenses can help narrow down the best card.

Message 6 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Nova5041 wrote:
There are a few good cards out there, but I would suggest the: Chase Ink card, Amex BCE card or the Capital One Quicksilver card. Just my 2 cents.

No idea why the BCE would be recommended, basically a 1% card outside the categories.  QS would make sense if there are foreign expenses, otherwise a 2% card, at this level of spend, would be significantly better.

I would add the Discover IT Miles for the first year, to get 3%, if the merchants you use take Discover

Message 7 of 20
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

Not sure how big your cell phone bill is but USBank Cash+ will allow 5% for that.  I get about $20 a month back for using it.  There may be another 5% category that could be useful to you.

Message 8 of 20
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@mjr2444 wrote:

I feel like I'm losing out as I am self-employed and normally run up 200-250k in purchases per year for the business (so I'm looking for rewards on ALL purchases as extra rewards on gas/groceries does no good). Any advice? I would obviously pay it all off every month so APR probably wouldn't matter. Thanks.

I recommend the Capital One Spark, with 2% cash back. It's a business card.

I don't know why people are recommending personal credit cards to you, you should be using a business card for your business purchases.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on your credit scores, you have lots of options.  Assuming you are looking for a business card, chase ink and amex have great business cards.  Get a Chase Sapphire Preferred card for regular dining and the chase ink for business related expenses.  I don't have much experience with Business cards but there are some people on here that do.  As for non-business, as you can see in my profile, I have a card for just about everything.  My main cards right now are my Citi Prestige and Amex BCP.  I'll start using my CSP alot more now, just because, and use the Freedom for whatever rotating category is in.  But my BCP card is pretty stellar in my opinion for groceries and gas, it more than pays for the annual fee.  

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.