Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to handle this reporting

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

What is the best way to handle this reporting

I have checked on TC the Amex Optima Oasis reporting. It is reporting as below on TU/EQ. It is showing the balance, but not CL. What is the best way to handle this reporting?

Should I ask Amex / CRA to report the CL $5K I have or just pay off the balance and let it report as $0 and leave it the way it is. I am not going to use the card much so it does not  matter.

But from Fico Scoring point of view what is the best to get this resolved? I have paid off the balance, next month once the balance shows $0 will my scores go up?

TransUnion Experian Equifax- Past Due: $0     -High Balance: $131   $131 -Terms:   -Limit:       -Payment:     $0 -Opened: 01/02/1995   01/1995- Reported: 02/05/2008   02/2008- Responsibility: Individual   Individual

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the best way to handle this reporting

Well that stinks-
Not having the CL reported (I am sure you know) FICO is going to use you High balance-

I would call AMEX and and ask them to report the CL-
Was the old card a Charge card?

Message 2 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Yes, my old card is a charge card. At that time Amex did not have Credit Cards. The new item on CR is reporting as Credit Card.

I'll ask Amex to report the CL. In the mean time, I have paid off balance in full, so next time it should report a balance of $0. Is that OK with Fico?

Once it reports as $0 Balance would I see any increase in the scores?

Condition: Open   Open- Balance: $131   $131 -Type: Credit Card   Credit Card- Pay Status: Current   Current
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well it seems even though your new card is a credit card- AMEX is reporting it just like a Charge card-

Yep- I think you will get a boost as it appears maxed - unless there is a High Balance that is higher than your actual balance-

concorduser wrote:
Yes, my old card is a charge card. At that time Amex did not have Credit Cards. The new item on CR is reporting as Credit Card.

I'll ask Amex to report the CL. In the mean time, I have paid off balance in full, so next time it should report a balance of $0. Is that OK with Fico?

Condition: Open   Open- Balance: $131   $131 -Type: Credit Card   Credit Card- Pay Status: Current   Current

Message 4 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Timothy wrote:
Well it seems even though your new card is a credit card- AMEX is reporting it just like a Charge card-

Yep- I think you will get a boost as it appears maxed - unless there is a High Balance that is higher than your actual balance-

concorduser wrote:

Thanks Timothy, I'll call Amex and ask them to report CL. Until they do that, I'll see the account reports a $0 balance so I wont take a hit with the scores. My new Platinum Charge Card also should start showing some time soon. They just cut the first billing statment yesterday. Let us see how that is going to appear on my CR once they post it.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.