cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to use these new credit cards?

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: What is the best way to use these new credit cards?

@snowkitty wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

Okay here the credit game . The creditor look at your report and see oh this guys had 1000 and he only using 50 it's mean he not live by credit and of course they grade you of as a good credit user cuzzz you don't hit your limit nor you only used part of it.

The cut off time is very important. Lets said when used my credit I use them very heavy but I'm Always paid it before the cut off days so when the credit card company report to credit bureaus they only see my usage only 10 over all 1000 credit limit which is lesthan 9% Utili......let's said if you have enough cash or debit card in your hand you don'tneeded to used your credit card then just paid it by your debit and cash. But just charge on each credit card about couple dollars and make sure they report some soft of balance due to your credit . Paid your bills on time and ask for limit increase every 6 months . Hoit's this help. 

Thanks....that makes sense. So beings I am paid weekly, it's not going to hurt if I pay what I owe each week rather than each month?? I would feel more comfortable doing that since I am just starting out until I learn all the ins and outs. My next question on paying everything off is this........If per say I use my discover card or amazon card in this way, why would those creditors want to up my limit when I never get close to it? Wouldn't they think it was un-needed because I don't use it anyways? I've been told to do it this way and to also call my cards periodically and ask for increases and I know why on my end but won't they want to know why and question me about it?

The way I find the safest and still earns me the most interest is to pay more than the minimum payment each paycheck and PIF before statement cuts, so my checking account balance stays higher longer, love the interest earned. With no possibility of ever being late on a payment. Having the money sitting in my checking account also greatly reduces the chances of getting a bounced check because you miscalclulated or other life issues.  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 11 of 12
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: What is the best way to use these new credit cards?

@snowkitty wrote:

@nicholasyud wrote:

Okay here the credit game . The creditor look at your report and see oh this guys had 1000 and he only using 50 it's mean he not live by credit and of course they grade you of as a good credit user cuzzz you don't hit your limit nor you only used part of it.

The cut off time is very important. Lets said when used my credit I use them very heavy but I'm Always paid it before the cut off days so when the credit card company report to credit bureaus they only see my usage only 10 over all 1000 credit limit which is lesthan 9% Utili......let's said if you have enough cash or debit card in your hand you don'tneeded to used your credit card then just paid it by your debit and cash. But just charge on each credit card about couple dollars and make sure they report some soft of balance due to your credit . Paid your bills on time and ask for limit increase every 6 months . Hoit's this help. 

Thanks....that makes sense. So beings I am paid weekly, it's not going to hurt if I pay what I owe each week rather than each month?? I would feel more comfortable doing that since I am just starting out until I learn all the ins and outs. My next question on paying everything off is this........If per say I use my discover card or amazon card in this way, why would those creditors want to up my limit when I never get close to it? Wouldn't they think it was un-needed because I don't use it anyways? I've been told to do it this way and to also call my cards periodically and ask for increases and I know why on my end but won't they want to know why and question me about it?

those is credit stragety hard to said but I mean find your own weapon and apply and state with it. But just to make sure they only report a couple dollars on your over all limit. That's my main advice. Hope you understand.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.