Regular Contributor
holhat

What is the best way

What is the best way to dispute a credit card on my report? Looks like an Orchard HSBC card.

I don't recognize it or recall having one.  I know there are many cards you can apply for and get online..???

Thank You!!

Valued Contributor
oracles

Re: What is the best way

Hi Holhat

There is usually a phone number assoicated with the account that you can call.. Call and find out who it is. 

You dont want to dispute a good account and have it come off your report.

However, if there isn't a number than i would call up the CRA and find out before disputing.

There is a thread sticky at the top of this forum with the CRA's phone numbers.

Hope this helps and keep us updated

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: What is the best way

If there are no baddies on the card, and if it is older than your AAoA (average age of accounts), chances are it's helping rather than hurting.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+