cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the easiest Amex card to get?

tag
sbluejean
Established Member

Re: What is the easiest Amex card to get?

I want to thank all of you who participated in this thread; over and above the great information imparted by all, your comments also gave me the courage to make application, myself.

Three years ago, credit-wise, I was not considered to be a live, breathing human being. I had only 2 low limit cards, but made sure they were never late. 9 months ago, with scores only in the 570's to 590's I decided to become extremely procractive with my credit situation. I signed up with all 3 bureaus, joined this great site and began turning my credit around. Disputing anything and everything that was negative and keeping my credit card utilization at 6-7%. In just the last nine months I've raised my scores approx. 100 points or more. I secured 4 more credit cards including Barclay's NFL and Citi's Diamond Preferred.

Now, for the last 4 months I've been getting these very nice, impressive looking "You've been selected to apply" offers in the mail from American Express ranging from the Green Card to the Platinum. Myself, owing to a few stubborn 5 and 6 yr old collection accounts still showing on my bureaus, and the fact that my SunTrust Bank new car loan had just hit the bureaus, I figured I was at least 2 years away from a shot at any American Express Card. However, reading through all of your comments last night gave me courage enough to take the shot.

I entered my RSVP Code from my most recent invitation for the Amex Gold Preferred Card and after giving some additional information they requested, hit the submit button and behold, Instant Approval!! Imagine my surprise and delight. I further perused their sight and took a shot at their Blue Sky Preferred Card as well, ...Instant Approval!! ...Tempting fate one more time, I then applied for the Delta Sky Miles Gold Card. That submission however was met with a "Whoa, hold up there cowboy". I was given a response that stated, that in order to further process the application they needed to speak with me. I called them this afternoon and after verifying that indeed it was me making all those applications, she told me another team was working on it and I woud be notified as to the outcome. I think we can all assume this third application will be denied. I will let y'all know what happens.

Having completed my conversation with the Amex CSR halfway accross the world and, in an effort not to become discouraged by the affair, I then called Barclay's and got another $1,200.00 CLI on my NFL Extra Points Card. So, all things considered I would have to say the credit Gods are finding favor with me once again. Again, I want to thank all the members and contributors for their invaluable advice and assistance. Smiley Happy

Starting 06/2012 - EQX FICO: 571, EXP Faco: 600, TU Faco: 637.
Now 12/10/2012 - EQX Beacon 5.0 Auto 694 , EXP Faco 709, TU Faco: 783
FICO Goal: 780
Message 71 of 94
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

Congrats.  I'm stoked that I was able to start a thread that helped you.  Keep up the good work!

Message 72 of 94
Pinkgreenmommie
Established Member

OMG...I read this thread and decided to apply...knowing that I would not get approved. Applied, got 7-10 day message (felt defeated), checked app status online...said approved, Called in and I have a 2K limit! I have 1 public record from 2007 that was a charge off. Including that I have 2 charge offs from 2006. I have been current on everything for at least 2 years. oh and i have 7 inquiries since Jan...score 668. there is hope
Message 73 of 94
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@Pinkgreenmommie wrote:
OMG...I read this thread and decided to apply...knowing that I would not get approved. Applied, got 7-10 day message (felt defeated), checked app status online...said approved, Called in and I have a 2K limit! I have 1 public record from 2007 that was a charge off. Including that I have 2 charge offs from 2006. I have been current on everything for at least 2 years. oh and i have 7 inquiries since Jan...score 668. there is hope

Congrats!!! What card did you get??

*8/10/13
Message 74 of 94
Pinkgreenmommie
Established Member

I got the delta gold the n applied and was approved for the green....woohoo
Message 75 of 94
sbluejean
Established Member

Wow, would not have believed it, but AMEX approved me for the 3rd card (Delta Sky MIles revolver) afterall. Who would have thunk it.
Starting 06/2012 - EQX FICO: 571, EXP Faco: 600, TU Faco: 637.
Now 12/10/2012 - EQX Beacon 5.0 Auto 694 , EXP Faco 709, TU Faco: 783
FICO Goal: 780
Message 76 of 94
HiLine
Blogger

Congratulations! Smiley LOL

Make sure you refrain from applying for a 4th card ... Smiley Happy

Message 77 of 94
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@ficoaddict13 wrote:
I got approved for bce with a psl zync yesterday ...it was "in progress" for more than a day..i let it be that way and didnt call...i was thinkin maybe theyll manually review it... Got an email saying it was approved! Called to check the cl, it was only for 1k... Had my zync for 6 months ... 8 inquiries the past month (auto) ... Still have one almost 7 yr old CA in dispute....lots of new account this past yr as i have been rebuilding....been reading this forum and finally decided to share my success...i think itll be easier to get any amex revolver as long as you have history with them (charge cards) ... Scores on TU and EX are probably 680-690 EQ is 701... Only pulled EX

re-read

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 78 of 94
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

Is the amex bce easier to acquire than the delta? And does the bce have a annual fee and/or have to pif each month?

*22 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 79 of 94
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@sbluejean: You've made wonderful progress on your credit journey. In another couple of years those old collections will be gone, and you'll find all kinds of doors opening up wide to you. But the Amex approval is a really positive step in your journey. Congratulations to you, and welcome to the Amex family! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 80 of 94
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.