Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Re: What is the easiest CREDIT CARD to get from AMEXPRESS?

no a friend

Mega Contributor
LS2982

Credit314 wrote:

no a friend

If this is for the same friend from the other thread, I would suggest AMEX charge products. Leave the revolvers alone until she has gotten in with AMEX and has some good history with them.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
jd5189

AMEX revolvers in general are like the magic 8 ball of credit cards. You never know what you are going to get until you apply. I have seen people with lower incomes (students), thin/not cleanest files get approved for revolvers. On the other end, I have seen people with good files, no baddies, no bad history, and decent incomes get denied for the revolvers. The thing is, your friend will never really know if they qualify until they app and sees the result. If denied, your friend will see what Amex wants them to work on to be approved. If approved, then your friend got what they wanted. 

In my wallet: Amex PRG & Zync, Amex BCE (19.2k), Chase Freedom (5k), PSECU Visa/PSL (20k)
Current Scores: Equifax: 738 (Fako) TransUnion: 721 (Fico) Experian: 717 (Fico)
Disclaimer: I am by no means a financial advisor. My posts are based on opinion, experience, and/or knowledge.
Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Her application with AMEX say pending review what does that mean?

Frequent Contributor
jd5189

check app status here

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

In my wallet: Amex PRG & Zync, Amex BCE (19.2k), Chase Freedom (5k), PSECU Visa/PSL (20k)
Disclaimer: I am by no means a financial advisor. My posts are based on opinion, experience, and/or knowledge.
Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

She has to send in a address verification then they will let her know. DOes that mean she is approved?

Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Can she go ahead and app fo a rev now too to avoid the additional pull later?

Frequent Contributor
jd5189

Yes usually means approved. Yes, app for revolver right away to try and get on one HP

Rexmundi000

FYI I got approved for a Delta Gold right around 660 EX. Only downside is they put a 2k limit with the card. However I have been an AU on a high limit  revolver account for a long time. I also have a zync in good standing.

Established Contributor
logan_720

I started with a Zync in late January, and was then approved for a Hilton Hhonors Surpass card on Late July. I would reccomend starting with a charge card.

Logan

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+