Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: What is the easiest CREDIT CARD to get from AMEXPRESS?


adavis425 wrote:

Koop10010 wrote:

The Gold Delta has generally been the easiest credit card to obtain from Amex, though none of them really seem to be that hard to get.


This is true when you have your numbers, Koop. :smileyhappy:

 


I have to agree with Koop here in that none of Amex's cards (save the centurion) seem to be difficult to get.

 

A 700 FICO is easily obtained as long as you haven't screwed up your credit significantly in the past. You don't even have to know how FICO scoring works. As long as you apply for and use credit when needed, don't add a new card too often, and always PIF whatever you purchase, it's quite easy. That's just common sense.

 

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Established Contributor
Posts: 531
Registered: ‎02-14-2012
0

Re: What is the easiest CREDIT CARD to get from AMEXPRESS?


CreditScholar wrote:

adavis425 wrote:

Koop10010 wrote:

The Gold Delta has generally been the easiest credit card to obtain from Amex, though none of them really seem to be that hard to get.


This is true when you have your numbers, Koop. :smileyhappy:

 


I have agree with Koop  here in that none of Amex's cards (save the centurion) seem to be difficult to get.

 

A 700 FICO is easily obtained as long as you haven't screwed up your credit significantly in the past. You don't even have to know how FICO scoring works. As long as you apply for and use credit when needed, don't add a new card too often, and always PIF whatever you purchase, it's quite easy. That's just common sense.

 


But how easily could either of you obtain the prime credit that you have if you lopped 125 points off your scores??

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP


Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: What is the easiest CREDIT CARD to get from AMEXPRESS?


adavis425 wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

adavis425 wrote:

Koop10010 wrote:

The Gold Delta has generally been the easiest credit card to obtain from Amex, though none of them really seem to be that hard to get.


This is true when you have your numbers, Koop. :smileyhappy:

 


I have agree with Koop  here in that none of Amex's cards (save the centurion) seem to be difficult to get.

 

A 700 FICO is easily obtained as long as you haven't screwed up your credit significantly in the past. You don't even have to know how FICO scoring works. As long as you apply for and use credit when needed, don't add a new card too often, and always PIF whatever you purchase, it's quite easy. That's just common sense.

 


But how easily could either of you obtain the prime credit that you have if you lopped 125 points off your scores??


If you have that much taken off your scores, it's because you've done something seriously wrong. I can't speak for anyone else, but I've never had bad credit. I've been in the 700s since I was 20 and been around 800 since my late 20s. It's really not that hard if you follow some basic, common sense principles. A 125 point hit would be something like a CO, which is much more severe than a 30-60-90 day late.

 

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 348
Registered: ‎08-17-2012
0

Re: What is the easiest CREDIT CARD to get from AMEXPRESS?


CreditScholar wrote:

adavis425 wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

adavis425 wrote:

Koop10010 wrote:

The Gold Delta has generally been the easiest credit card to obtain from Amex, though none of them really seem to be that hard to get.


This is true when you have your numbers, Koop. :smileyhappy:

 


I have agree with Koop  here in that none of Amex's cards (save the centurion) seem to be difficult to get.

 

A 700 FICO is easily obtained as long as you haven't screwed up your credit significantly in the past. You don't even have to know how FICO scoring works. As long as you apply for and use credit when needed, don't add a new card too often, and always PIF whatever you purchase, it's quite easy. That's just common sense.

 


But how easily could either of you obtain the prime credit that you have if you lopped 125 points off your scores??


If you have that much taken off your scores, it's because you've done something seriously wrong. I can't speak for anyone else, but I've never had bad credit. I've been in the 700s since I was 20 and been around 800 since my late 20s. It's really not that hard if you follow some basic, common sense principles. A 125 point hit would be something like a CO, which is much more severe than a 30-60-90 day late.

 


I'd have to agree. I'm still relatively young but my scores have probably been over 700 since around age 20. I didn't know much about credit back then, I just paid on time and in full. There really wasn't too much more to it than that, so basically just common sense.

 

People sometimes make mistakes, but for those with clean files a 700 fico is easily attainable.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 10,898
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: What is the easiest CREDIT CARD to get from AMEXPRESS?

[ Edited ]

OptimasPrime wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

adavis425 wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:
<snip for the hamsters who start squeaking with too many requoted lines>

I have agree with Koop  here in that none of Amex's cards (save the centurion) seem to be difficult to get.

 

A 700 FICO is easily obtained as long as you haven't screwed up your credit significantly in the past. You don't even have to know how FICO scoring works. As long as you apply for and use credit when needed, don't add a new card too often, and always PIF whatever you purchase, it's quite easy. That's just common sense.

 


But how easily could either of you obtain the prime credit that you have if you lopped 125 points off your scores??


If you have that much taken off your scores, it's because you've done something seriously wrong. I can't speak for anyone else, but I've never had bad credit. I've been in the 700s since I was 20 and been around 800 since my late 20s. It's really not that hard if you follow some basic, common sense principles. A 125 point hit would be something like a CO, which is much more severe than a 30-60-90 day late.

 


I'd have to agree. I'm still relatively young but my scores have probably been over 700 since around age 20. I didn't know much about credit back then, I just paid on time and in full. There really wasn't too much more to it than that, so basically just common sense.

 

People sometimes make mistakes, but for those with clean files a 700 fico is easily attainable.


I think people have different opinions of difficult based on the timing involved.

 

Most people if they run clean for two years can get an Amex BCP revolver with the possible exception of those with BK's on their record or outstanding Amex chargeoff or other major negative with Amex.  The minimum barrier of entry appears to be around 680 FICO which is achievable even with limiting negatives in most cases; before the Zync got airstruck, even those with serious negatives in the past (me) could get one with less than a year's clean record and no prior history with Amex, and I strongly suspect I could get a BCP at some point next year if I so chose via the moderately common Amex two-step to a revolver.

 

For me two years isn't viewed as difficult in the credit world, but that goes completely against the current instant-gratification culture that is America these days.  I guess what I'm trying to say is while I agree with your assertion, many people have a different perspective than either of us on the difficulty involved.

 

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 693, EQ 8 685, TU 705, EX 709 (02/27/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 10,898
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: What is the easiest CREDIT CARD to get from AMEXPRESS?

[ Edited ]

Just to add, previously the Delta Gold was pretty much unquestionably the easiest revolver to get approved for (anecdotal evidence but so common to be accepted as fact circa 2008-2010).  Even I got a pre-approval back then and I ain't pretty report-wise (or physical appearance wise either, 0/2 go me!)

 

These days it may be something of a toss-up as Amex appears to have changed their underwriting standards for their previous high-end cards (lowered them similar to Chase and in some respects BOFA too); however, I'd still bet on any of the co-branded cards being easier than the straight Amex revolvers (Clear, Blue, Blue Sky, BCE, BCP to my knowledge).  If I just wanted an Amex revolver and wasn't picky about the rewards structure, I'd still absolutely bet on the Delta one.

 

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 693, EQ 8 685, TU 705, EX 709 (02/27/15)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ 04 (01/01/16)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: What is the easiest CREDIT CARD to get from AMEXPRESS?


Revelate wrote:

OptimasPrime wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:

adavis425 wrote:

CreditScholar wrote:
<snip for the hamsters who start squeaking with too many requoted lines>

I have agree with Koop  here in that none of Amex's cards (save the centurion) seem to be difficult to get.

 

A 700 FICO is easily obtained as long as you haven't screwed up your credit significantly in the past. You don't even have to know how FICO scoring works. As long as you apply for and use credit when needed, don't add a new card too often, and always PIF whatever you purchase, it's quite easy. That's just common sense.

 


But how easily could either of you obtain the prime credit that you have if you lopped 125 points off your scores??


If you have that much taken off your scores, it's because you've done something seriously wrong. I can't speak for anyone else, but I've never had bad credit. I've been in the 700s since I was 20 and been around 800 since my late 20s. It's really not that hard if you follow some basic, common sense principles. A 125 point hit would be something like a CO, which is much more severe than a 30-60-90 day late.

 


I'd have to agree. I'm still relatively young but my scores have probably been over 700 since around age 20. I didn't know much about credit back then, I just paid on time and in full. There really wasn't too much more to it than that, so basically just common sense.

 

People sometimes make mistakes, but for those with clean files a 700 fico is easily attainable.


I think people have different opinions of difficult based on the timing involved.

 

Most people if they run clean for two years can get an Amex BCP revolver with the possible exception of those with BK's on their record or outstanding Amex chargeoff or other major negative with Amex.  The minimum barrier of entry appears to be around 680 FICO which is achievable even with limiting negatives in most cases; before the Zync got airstruck, even those with serious negatives in the past (me) could get one with less than a year's clean record and no prior history with Amex, and I strongly suspect I could get a BCP at some point next year if I so chose via the moderately common Amex two-step to a revolver.

 

For me two years isn't viewed as difficult in the credit world, but that goes completely against the current instant-gratification culture that is America these days.  I guess what I'm trying to say is while I agree with your assertion, many people have a different perspective than either of us on the difficulty involved.

 


I agree with this completely, although in the end that's their problem and they'll have to figure it out themselves. The world won't suddenly change and give them what they want due to their lack of patience. If they can't even wait 2 years, I don't fancy their chances regarding longer-term committments such as a mortgage or planning for retirement. I've read a few examples recently of this on the forums. Their atitude and immaturity are downright astounding at times, and scary at others.

 

The best financial rewards remain available for those who can exercise self-discipline and patience. For those who can't? Well in this world you can't have kings without servants, and given some of the attitudes expressed among some, I'm currently seeing many servants in the making.

 

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: What is the easiest CREDIT CARD to get from AMEXPRESS?


Revelate wrote:

Just to add, previously the Delta Gold was pretty much unquestionably the easiest revolver to get approved for (anecdotal evidence but so common to be accepted as fact circa 2008-2010).  Even I got a pre-approval back then and I ain't pretty report-wise (or physical appearance wise either, 0/2 go me!)

 

These days it may be something of a toss-up as Amex appears to have changed their underwriting standards for their previous high-end cards (lowered them similar to Chase and in some respects BOFA too); however, I'd still bet on any of the co-branded cards being easier than the straight Amex revolvers (Clear, Blue, Blue Sky, BCE, BCP to my knowledge).  If I just wanted an Amex revolver and wasn't picky about the rewards structure, I'd still absolutely bet on the Delta one.

 


+1. I'd agree that Delta would still be the easiest revolver to get. In addition to being the easiest historically, I doubt that Amex pays very much for each Skypeso.

 

High interchange fees + low costing Delta miles for rewards = better bottom line. I'm sure this factors into their risk modelling when determining how hard each card should be to get.

 

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 492
Registered: ‎07-24-2012
0

Re: What is the easiest CREDIT CARD to get from AMEXPRESS?

The best financial rewards remain available for those who can exercise self-discipline and patience. For those who can't? Well in this world you can't have kings without servants, and given some of the attitudes expressed among some, I'm currently seeing many servants in the making.


These may seem harsh words to many, but this is the home truth right here. To which I would add, the best financial rewards are reserved for those who understand that you express ambition through right action, not through expectation.

 

 

I doubt that Amex pays very much for each Skypeso. High interchange fees + low costing Delta miles for rewards = better bottom line. I'm sure this factors into their risk modelling when determining how hard each card should be to get.

Very astutely observed.  I never thought that equation through but it makes perfect sense. I'm sure it's a similar deal for many other co-branded cards...the greater the discount the issuer gets on the "wholesale" price of the rewards, the more they can be slightly more lenient in the underwriting.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12)
Current: EQ 670 (myFICO 9/8/14), EX 694 (Prosper 7/17/14) , TU 693 (WalMart 9/2/14) Goal: 700+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Amex Zync NPSL (> 10k), C1 Venture VS $5k, Amex SPG $4.5k, Walmart (Store) $2.5k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Best Buy Rewards MC $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k
Established Contributor
Posts: 731
Registered: ‎12-14-2011
0

Re: What is the easiest CREDIT CARD to get from AMEXPRESS?

Applying for the Delta Gold just because it's the "easiest" amex revolver isn't necessarily the most thought out solution. Amex cards usually have quite high annual fees, so make sure that you wuill take advantage of the rewards program the card offers before applying for it. i.e. if you don't fly Delta or live near a Delta hub city, then don't apply for that card haha.

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.