Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the limit on your Amex Credit Card

tag
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Re: What is the limit on your Amex Credit Card

I have a $15k limit on my CostCo Amex (opened 2/2008). No CLI's (not that I need one)--starting limit was $15k.
TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 11 of 27
jestan01
Valued Member

Amex Blue Sky here with a CL of $8000, approved last July...
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just was issued an Amex Blue with 4,500 limit and offered 30,000 points if I charged 500 in first 3 months.

I did and them redeemed them for $300 in assorted gift cards...awesome deal.   This is the smallest cl of all of my cards from 6k- 13.5.

Message 13 of 27
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Amex Clear @ 23.5K
Message 14 of 27
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Had a Gold for 11.5 months and closed it before having to pay the annual fee. Opened a Blue: $2,500 CL, 15.24% APR. I used to keep my cellphone bill on it, but I moved that to PenFed, so I'm poking around for something different I can put on it as a recurring charge.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 08-15-2009 11:42 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 27
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Amex
Status as of [?] Jun, 2009
Date opened [?] Jan, 1987
Date of last activity [?] Jun, 2009
Date closed [?] Not Reported
Account number [?] Not Reported
Loan type [?] Not Reported
Credit limit [?] $23,000
Largest past balance [?] Not Reported
Terms [?] Not Reported
Account Type [?] Revolving
Account holder [?] Individual
Scheduled payment amount [?] $0

Account actually opened Amex Blue in Jan 2007, Amex backdated the account to my original membership with closed green card to 1987. Current APR 5.24. Notice arrived about rate change to 10.24 in Oct
Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

$10,400 on my Blue Cash. They gave me a $3,000 auto CLI Smiley Surprised a couple of months ago at the one year mark since I opened it. (Also very glad to say that I had my $725 rebate credited today - the rebate anniversary and the card-opening anniversary don't match up, as I originally opened the card as a Blue then did a PC to Blue Cash last August. I was half-convinced they'd cancel my card or something before I ever got to see the cashback). 

A much tinier $2,000 on the Delta SkyMiles card I rarely use. 

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

blue = $16K

Will have had it one year in December. May ask for a CLI at that time, but only if they won't do a hard pull.

Message 18 of 27
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just was issued an Amex Blue with 4,500 limit and offered 30,000 points if I charged 500 in first 3 months.

I did and them redeemed them for $300 in assorted gift cards...awesome deal.   This is the smallest cl of all of my cards from 6k- 13.5.

I hope I'm offered that deal to recoup money I paid to settle an account back in May.  

Message 19 of 27
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I used to keep my cellphone bill on it, but I moved that to PenFed, so I'm poking around for something different I can put on it as a recurring charge.

PM me your CC info. I have a few recurring charges I could add.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.