Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most accounts you opened in a whole year

tag
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Re: What is the most accounts you opened in a whole year

The most credit I've ever applied for within a concentrated period of time was from November 2013 - June 2014.  I apped and was approved for 5 cards during that half a year.  It's no coincidence that I discovered this forum during that time frame! Smiley Tongue

Message 51 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weren't you in the garden like 3 months ago pizza? Smiley Tongue ugh now I'm hungry...

For me, I believe this year takes the cake. 2x Sallie Mae, BBR, AARP, and Discover makes 5 new accounts so far. QS card narrowly missed the mark (12/14).
Message 52 of 131
mzniko
Valued Member

This year has been the most ever at 7. I think its time I garden for now!
Message 53 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

Ill close down another 14 CC's. 

Don't close them.   You already opened them...let them sit and grow.

I'm telling you guys, there's something "off" with FICO scoring...the more accounts you have the less you are affected by score changes.

When I made a rush to 50 accounts my score dropped like a rock...100 point drop.  6 months later,  adding another 30 accounts barely made my score break a sweat... maybe 20 point drop.

I added approx 20 cards the last 3 months and my score doesn't really drop anymore... my score always stays in the 775 - 785 range now no matter how many new accounts I add.

With more accounts, not only do you bulletproof your AAoA, your score also fluctuates alot less.  It seems to me that FICO scoring averages out the impact of new accounts ... similar to the way AAoA is calculated.

Message 54 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last year I added 4 around September-October.  I still have 3 of those.  I'll probably be down to 2 before I apply for any more. 

Message 55 of 131
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I opened a Butt load in 2014.
It spilled into my pants this year for a pant load
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 56 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

what does that even mean
Message 57 of 131
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

7 CCs and 2 loans this year. Next year I will open 2-3 more but close about the same number.

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 58 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm impressed how all these lenders over look these inquiries and new accounts. This proves that lenders inaccuratly factor in risks seems to be only luck when u apply and are approved
Message 59 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm impressed how all these lenders over look these inquiries and new accounts. This proves that lenders inaccuratly factor in risks seems to be only luck when u apply and are approved

Having a credit profile that can back up the appoval helps, greatly. My FICOs tend to hover between 730 and 770, usually at the low end after a bonus grab. I also have an AAOA of 17 years.

Message 60 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.