Super Contributor

Re: What is the most accounts you opened in a whole year

Hahaha sandi! Congrats!
Message 91 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, the whole death of D* was a sad event. But then again, churning is now 10x harder than it was even 18 months ago. I decided i'm holding out for another 100K AA offer for the AA Exec instead of wasting my 18mos wait on 75K offer.

I do read a lot of comments similar to this on other sites. There have been quite a few new rule changes with regards to frequency, repeat apps, etc.  Churning for new folks is still a possibility but requires more research. I try not to call it churning though, more like a hobby. Lately I look at each inquiry in a dollar value. In certain situations, I will spend an inquiry and this potential money, if it is worth it. I wasted 1 inquiry on the double cash. Well worth it. Decent card for gettin in with Citi.

I double apped with chase for IHG and hyatt, reconned each twice, and only got the IHG. I was double pulled, but those two inquiries are well worth the $50 and 80k points, not to mention $49 a year for 1 night at any IHG

I spent one inquiry on a 50k PRG card and a 35k delta card. Normally I think I'd be resentful as many ended up with 50-60k delta offers, but the whole picture was great. Especially since I have some flexibility or the option to hold on to my delta miles without the card, and keep the points on my no annual fee ED.  Bottom line, even if I didnt have high inquiries, I would still like to exercise caution in "spending" them.  Maybe I am still in this early phase and I should just keep adding cards and profit later?  I feel empty right now because I dont have any min spends to work on though!

its basically been an app spree since this spring.... Amazon April, Sams May, Amex ED in June, Prg, delta, Double Cash, and IHG in July.

I have to remember that less than 4 months ago I was at 13k total available credit. I do not want cards shutting me down, but it seems as though as time goes on I am getting approved by better lendors. I would just like to ensure I end up: A. Not spooking Amex out of a 3x CLI on my ED and B. Build a good relationship with Citi so I can get some TYP action up in hur one day.

I wont be able to app for Chase Sapphire until July of 2017. I am basically convinced if its something I really could benefit from before then, I will just become an AU somehow or hope they loosen the reigns.

Message 92 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ddemari!  

Message 93 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, the whole death of D* was a sad event. But then again, churning is now 10x harder than it was even 18 months ago. I decided i'm holding out for another 100K AA offer for the AA Exec instead of wasting my 18mos wait on 75K offer.

I do read a lot of comments similar to this on other sites. There have been quite a few new rule changes with regards to frequency, repeat apps, etc.  Churning for new folks is still a possibility but requires more research. I try not to call it churning though, more like a hobby. Lately I look at each inquiry in a dollar value. In certain situations, I will spend an inquiry and this potential money, if it is worth it. I wasted 1 inquiry on the double cash. Well worth it. Decent card for gettin in with Citi.

I double apped with chase for IHG and hyatt, reconned each twice, and only got the IHG. I was double pulled, but those two inquiries are well worth the $50 and 80k points, not to mention $49 a year for 1 night at any IHG

I spent one inquiry on a 50k PRG card and a 35k delta card. Normally I think I'd be resentful as many ended up with 50-60k delta offers, but the whole picture was great. Especially since I have some flexibility or the option to hold on to my delta miles without the card, and keep the points on my no annual fee ED.  Bottom line, even if I didnt have high inquiries, I would still like to exercise caution in "spending" them.  Maybe I am still in this early phase and I should just keep adding cards and profit later?  I feel empty right now because I dont have any min spends to work on though!

its basically been an app spree since this spring.... Amazon April, Sams May, Amex ED in June, Prg, delta, Double Cash, and IHG in July.

I have to remember that less than 4 months ago I was at 13k total available credit. I do not want cards shutting me down, but it seems as though as time goes on I am getting approved by better lendors. I would just like to ensure I end up: A. Not spooking Amex out of a 3x CLI on my ED and B. Build a good relationship with Citi so I can get some TYP action up in hur one day.

I wont be able to app for Chase Sapphire until July of 2017. I am basically convinced if its something I really could benefit from before then, I will just become an AU somehow or hope they loosen the reigns.

Opportunity cost. Smiley Happy

Message 94 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

This year from Oct 2014 - Aug 2015  20 credit Cards  total $163450 all MC & Visa , 1 Auto loan $30000 ,  2 Installment loans  $24500  Total Loans $217459

Message 95 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Between June 2015 to August- 7 new CC accounts- all VISA SIG, AMEX, Discover and a World elite Mastercard Smiley Happy Last CC app was 2013. Hoping to garden but I'm drooling on a Chase Marriott w/ 80K points sign-on.

Message 96 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Opened 10 new accounts this year; nine credit cards, one installment loan.

ETA: But I also closed three.

Make that 11 new accounts this year. Just added another installment loan, but I also paid off the other installment loan.

Message 97 of 131
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I opened like 8 New accounts in this entire year itself. I am definitely in a need for garden with 30 inquiries addding all 3 credit bureaus together. My fico score now ranges from 652-684

I wonder if no accounts are open any further for the next 2 years will a lender still view the 8 accounts as a risk?

I've opened... a few Smiley Tongue

Not Saying A Word.jpg

Heehee, nice.

Scores fluctuating, because reached average age of accounts on equifax for two years (score dropped slightly, still over 730, and AAoA grew even with new accounts).

Quicksilver just about one year, so (including hidden trade line for business) six cards and one installment loan for mix of credit.  Closed one, in January, may close another.

Signature needs updating
Message 98 of 131
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Just say it already pizza! Smiley Tongue You're among family here. Smiley Happy

LOL...well alright...since I spilled on my inquires, I guess I can do new accts...

32 in 4 months time span between Feb-May 2015,LOL Smiley Happy..   for the record though, Ive closed 11 cards , Smiley Wink 

No AA, just CLI's, lol..but I PIF and keep a 1% util at all times.  Im in the garden currently for 2 yrs, in which Ill close down another 14 CC's. 

ok...now you guys said I was amoungst family...lets be sweet now ok?? 

That's impressive!! 

We're all family here... nothing but love! 

lol...Thanks UncleB Smiley Happy 

Im seriously in the garden, I know its hard to believe, but I am, HA!  Ive got my sights on Penfed in 2 yrs, so need to let it all age, no inquires, and drop some more cards over the next two years. 

Got my sights on some improvement in cards as well (though not penfed).  Since planning next app May 2016, and last app 6/1/2015, that is about a year of gardening, and all credit bureaus at AAoA 2+ years, and installment loan below the magic 80%.  Here's to gardening. 🍻 🍹

Signature needs updating
Message 99 of 131
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have opened 14 credit card accounts and increased my credit from $8600 to over $150,000. Since March 20th.

Wow, the baller method.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 100 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.