Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most accounts you opened in a whole year

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the most accounts you opened in a whole year

@Anonymous wrote:
Just me 3 no way nice. I'm actually curious what are your current scores?

Current Scores -TU 737 - EQ 715 - EX 709

They were much higher until my most recent accounts hit (and my TU inquiry debacle a few days ago didn't help at all). And to be fair, when I started app'ing last fall through this spring, my scores were all in the mid-600's (maybe a little less). Then when my only 2 collections were removed my scores jumped way up (TU hit 770). BUT, I am back to reality an realize adding so many accounts so quickly was a horrible idea. I just couldn't stop after the first instant approval - I had went like 20 years with always being denied, it felt so good to finally be approved. At least I'm over it now and will be gardening for a very long time Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 131
onstar
Established Contributor

Definitely 2015. I never thought about playing the "credit game" until I found this forum.

I have 20+ new credit cards this year.

About 25 including second half of 2014.

Inquires are 11, 9, 8.

AAoA is still over 8 years.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 12 of 131
gibeon
Established Contributor

In the last 6 months... 9 Credit cards, 7 Store Cards, a Line of Credit, and a Personal Loan.

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 13 of 131
red259
Super Contributor

I've opened five in the past year and plan to open two maybe three more cards this year. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 14 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ontar early this year my scores was in the low 500s idk what happened I just started working things out any paying off debt now my scores range from 652-684
Message 15 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opened 10 new accounts this year; nine credit cards, one installment loan.

ETA: But I also closed three.

Message 16 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything in my sig line is new in 2015 except for the Capital One Platinum. In addition to that, I opened and closed Amazon Chase and Barclay Rewards and USAA CC that were in 2015 also.

Message 17 of 131
Pway
Valued Contributor

I've opened 11.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 18 of 131
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I opened like 8 New accounts in this entire year itself. I am definitely in a need for garden with 30 inquiries addding all 3 credit bureaus together. My fico score now ranges from 652-684

I wonder if no accounts are open any further for the next 2 years will a lender still view the 8 accounts as a risk?

I've opened... a few Smiley Tongue

Not Saying A Word.jpg

Message 19 of 131
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I opened like 8 New accounts in this entire year itself. I am definitely in a need for garden with 30 inquiries addding all 3 credit bureaus together. My fico score now ranges from 652-684

I wonder if no accounts are open any further for the next 2 years will a lender still view the 8 accounts as a risk?

As someone who's been doing the churning thing while the credit recession prevailed, I opened about 70 accounts in the last 5 years, The lion's share of which are now closed. (by consumer) I've slowed down a lot over the last year as creditors tighten up.

Message 20 of 131
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.