cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most number of Payments you have made to a CC in a single billing period?

tag
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

What is the most number of Payments you have made to a CC in a single billing period?

Obviously a question primarily for entertainment, but I am curious if anyone has made daily payments, or close to it.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Re: What is the most number of Payments you have made to a CC in a single billing period?

I definitely not daily, but have done weekly. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 2 of 31
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

Re: What is the most number of Payments you have made to a CC in a single billing period?

@BallBounces wrote:

Obviously a question primarily for entertainment, but I am curious if anyone has made daily payments, or close to it.

ummm 1! But I've only had credit cards for 42 years, so that could possibly double in the future, but I not sure why it ever would.

Message 3 of 31
Jansroom726
Regular Contributor

I generally make payments weekly -

I like to treat my CC's like a debit card, and thus I really dislike seeing my balance be somewhat high on each card at the end of the month.

Not sure if creditors care, but ususally every Saturday I login and PIF.

Do you think they care I make around 4 payments each month, rather than 1 larger payment?

Thanks.

25 years old. Scores around 740. Income = 45K. Chase Car Loan @ 2.4%, AAOA = 2 years. Total Personal CL = 120k.
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do four payments every month. I divide my monthly "free spend budget" by four and hold myself accountable to the weekly amount.

Just makes it easier for me visually to see each week start at zero.

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I make near daily payments on a 6k limit.

We charge over 6k/month on it so I log in and pay off the balance every night.

Sometimes I miss a day or two, so it's around 15 payments a month.

Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got into cc strictly for mortgage journey.  You don't want too know how often I was paying the low $500 card and it was hard for me to even leave few percent util for the pure sake of getting my scores up. I treat my cards like cash and money that's budgeted already so I still pay as frequently as possible. When I got the Venture card I swiped so much right away and paid as soon as it posted. 

Message 7 of 31
onstar
Established Contributor

The biggest benefits of CC are (1) cash/points back and (2) free float. IMHO, if you don't maximize both of these, then you're using the CC wrong. So generally, I make ONE payment, close to the due date. The only times that I accidentally paid twice in a billing cycle is when I changed my payment due date. It went something like: I changed it from 27th to 21st, and the statement didn't the cut next month since they want the cycle to be at least a full month. It felt weird not making a payment at all for over a month, so I made a small payment in between.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 8 of 31
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

PIF one time per cycle a couple of days before the due date. Don;t see the point in doing it any other way.

ETA: When the statement cuts, I schedule a PIF 2 or 3 days before the due date.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 9 of 31
core
Valued Contributor

With the Discover Bank double checking rewards promo that's been going on since May, I push payments to all my active cards about 15 times per month.  Sometimes a card will get 2 payments in a day if one came from Serve/Bluebird too.  I don't screw with Amex though... 1/week max is all I have the guts to do.

Obviously do not try this where payments get mailed as a physical check.  All quiet electronic payments, no human eyes on the accounts, and it seems to work fine.

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.