cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most ridiculous starting limit you received?

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: What is the most ridiculous starting limit you received?

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@12njoy: Did you just recently apply for the BP card? My Wal-Mart M/C is more than likely going to be GONE by the end of this year....glad they treated you a little bit better.

Yes, just applied for the BP card today.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 31 of 130
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Uh $600 on a WEMC

You can prod Nixon for further details about that one (now closed)

Let me guess, GM BuyPower WEMC from Capital One? 

Guess who got approved for a whopping $300 a few weeks ago? I still haven't received the card either, but as soon as I do I'm going to recon or close. I didn't even want to brag about the approval here, or add the card to my signature because it's such a low limit.

Message 32 of 130
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Worst starting limit would be the $200 Target Redcard I had about 8 years ago. Eventually they raised the limit to $500, but I burned them when I graduated college and couldn't find a decent job. 

Message 33 of 130
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

$500 on my Bass Pro Card. I have to admit, my "global" utilization was around 90% and it was stupid to apply for a new card with this profile, but I was sure to get at least $5000 and the World Mastercard! Now I'm waiting for an auto CLI from BOA... will see!

I have had the card since aug of 2013.  I haven't had a auto-cli since I have gotten it.  I did it get doubled last year after a HP.  I should have had asked for a higher limit,  because they gave me what I asked for.

Message 34 of 130
toi34
Established Contributor

For me it was the $100 Walmart, a year later it's at $2100.

Message 35 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still have hope to get my cli. The csr on the chat told me that he added a not on my account for a review using a sp for a cli... my statement end tomorrow... will see!
Message 36 of 130
TURNERHOOVER
Established Contributor

CrapOne issued a 500 SL on a QS card (NOT QS1)  (lowest existing limit at time was discover 1.5k) Asked for increase day I received it, instantly denied due to existing derog. Cancelled card the very next day. Have never looked back. 

EX 727 | EQ 720 | TU 740

FREEDOM 4.5k | BCP 9.5k | DISCOVER 2.5k | ARRIVAL+ 7.5k | RITZ CARLTON 15k
No new Apps till Dec 2016
Message 37 of 130
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@12njoy: Did you just recently apply for the BP card? My Wal-Mart M/C is more than likely going to be GONE by the end of this year....glad they treated you a little bit better.

Did you use the Walmart M/C alot?  They like alot of use with card.  I have gone from a 1200cl to a 6400, less than 2 years.  I put alot through it and pay on it alot.   I still don't know why I use it as much as I do at 22.9%,  when I have a much lower apr on other cards.  It was one of my first cards after not having any for about 20 years.

Message 38 of 130
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I would say I had used it quite a bit in the beginning when it was upgraded to a Discover for about 6 ot 7 mos. putting groceries and other misc. items on it---every time I went to Wal-Mart (which on avg. was once every other week) I put my purchases on their card. One of the last things I bought before the holidays last year with it was a $150 tablet. Then I stopped using it for a while to bring my balance down. ALWAYS pay on time and above the minimum pymt. I've hardly used it at all in 2015. But I've also seen people on here posted they only bought one thing under $20 every 6 months and got ridiculously high auto CLI's  It was one of the first cards I was approved for in Aug. 2013 (store version w/ $500 limit) after not using credit for at least 10 years also. At the time I was glad to get it b/c I had heard how good GECRB was supposedly was with CLI's with lots of usage and on time payments. Not only that, my Pay-Pal Smart Connect which I opened around the same time has had 4 CLI's since opening---one initiated by me and 3 auto-CLI's--one just a little over a week ago--and at the time it had about 45% UTIL.!

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 39 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pipeguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pipeguy wrote:

Barclays Choice Privileges Visa = $250 SL

I contacted Barclays and said what good is a hotel card that'll let me stay ONE night ? They wouldn't budge on that card even though I had/have another Barclays Card at $5k CL (not a hotel or travel card per se) - closed the card in less than  a week and I don't think Barclays liked that very much because they have not approved me for any card since.

Oh well, don't care....not interested in worthless accounts, even from prime players. 

Ouch! $250 and no positive recon?

That sucks.

Barclays is so weird. They either love you with open arms or they hate you like a rotting banana with flies on itSmiley Frustrated

My one Barclays card gets my EZ-Pass refills ($150-$200 a month) on it and thats about it I don't even carry it, but that's their choice. At a certain point, at least in my mind, I really don't care about what "brandname ego-image" name is on a card. within the last week I killed a BoA card that was stuck at $2k which was it's starting limit and refused to grow - BoA used the excuse that I had too many inquires, well 6 of those were from BoA because they insist on doing a HP to even consider a CLI. Since I closed the BoA, I've rec'd $8500 in CLI's and opened two new cards with $7k in starting limits, so much for the "loss" of BoA's crappy 2k utility (PIF, zero balance). I really don't care if my credit card is pea green and said "consolidated garbage cash select" on it as long as it works for my spending needs.

My actual two favorite cards are probably DCU Visa and Diners Club MC, neither has any "rewards", but both have good CL's, low APR's and other advantages (DCU no charge cash transfers to my checking account whenever I need it and DC doesn't report when I carry a balance) - I use both a lot. 

That's funny that BofA is the guilty party for pulling all those HPs. I had the same experience with them when they kept saying use your $500 cl and we will give you a cli. It took 2 years before they even gave me one. 

Message 40 of 130
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.