cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most ridiculous starting limit you received?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the most ridiculous starting limit you received?

Mine was my bestbuy mc. It was sold a couple times recently and is now with chase. But I had a 400 dollar cl and a 59 yearly fee. Needless to say I closed it just a couple of weeks ago. My god man I'm in the 700 club, I wasn't taking that abuse.... haha
Message 121 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy crap thats funny
Message 122 of 130
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

None of them were ridiculous.  Limits are assigned based on what one's credit and income qualify for.  The low limits I received in the past were suited to the credit I had at the time.  The higher limits I have now are suited to my improved credit.

One creditor may certainly be willing to extend more credit to a given credit profile than another creditor but that doesn't mean that the creditor offering less is ridiculous.  Different creditors serve different niches and are willing to accept different levels of risk.

Message 123 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ respectfully i disagree. these people with solid profiles getting subpar limits is ridiculous. also the $250 store card limits are trash because 9 out of 10 times you can get them to raise it immediately. they give you a ridiculous limit on purpose
Message 124 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also disagree...target red card anyone?
Message 125 of 130
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

My goodness, these are some really low CL! I thought my $800 limit on PNC card was bad...

Message 126 of 130
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

$200 on a redcard many years ago, was clied by Leander later never could use it. My groceries where more, and also I could buy some cloth I didn't really wanna go over 10% usage, I is hard to shop on a $20 budget, so I never use it.

$300 HSBC with $59 AF, closed when the next AF kicked in and they wouldn't void it or raise the limit.
Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 127 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol @ "it's hard to shop on a $20 budget" lol. you're correct...
Message 128 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

$200 Walmart, need I say more😖 $2500 now, but my goodness!
Message 129 of 130
j615
Regular Contributor

$250. Fry's Electronics Card back in 2007.

No recon. I didn't know much about credit back then. I never used the card once, and let it close with inactivity.

Message 130 of 130
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.