cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most ridiculous starting limit you received?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the most ridiculous starting limit you received?

@Anonymous wrote:

10K venture

And THAT was your lowest ever??????  Smiley Indifferent

Message 41 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JSS3 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've seen people here with secent ficos receiving $100 SLs on a visa or mc which to me is such a waste. Has anyone regretted a HP because of a super-laugh-in-your-face starting limit? Did you recon? Smiley Frustrated

Lowest limit was a $400 TJMaxx card that I applied for and immediately closed Dec 2014. I understand crawling before you walk, but I had already been established, my reports weren't crazy, and Synch had already seen how I handled their cards with limits of 5,000 and 6,000 on them. I am nowhere near the max exposure with them either. It wouldn't even have been so bad had they given me the Mastercard version. I would've worked with that; making the hard pull worth it. I have yet to be given store cards(over co-branded ones) and wasn't going to start then. I immediately got on the phone and recon'd to no avail so CLOSED! Besides, if/when they did upgrade me, it would've been a new timeline anyways so might as well close it. 

I don't even shop at TJMaxx so I needed a cobranded version in order to make the card useful.

So you pretty much told them to sh@@@ and CLOSE THAT SUCKER!

Message 42 of 130
elim
Senior Contributor

$150 Wal-Mart baby!   woooooooooot!

i bought 4 good steaks with the black container underneath (only descent ones they have) to generate a statement and my UTIL was 60%.

Message 43 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

A $300 limit preapproved Quicksilver account. Tried the EO route to no avail. They want to see 6 months of history. I think when they saw my 2 au Capital One accounts they got nervous.

Message 44 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Man-Of-Steel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've seen people here with secent ficos receiving $100 SLs on a visa or mc which to me is such a waste. Has anyone regretted a HP because of a super-laugh-in-your-face starting limit? Did you recon? Smiley Frustrated

A $500 SL on a Capital One MasterCard back in 2011.  At the time, I was rebuilding and was happy to be approved.  The limit was auto increased 5 or 6 months later to a whopping $750.  I ended up closing the account after getting my new Amex and Discover cards in 2013.

On a side note balboa, you seem to be the king or queen of animated gifs.  Some of your gifs have me cracking up! Smiley Very Happy

Awwwh, Man of Steel, you made my day!

Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Uh $600 on a WEMC

You can prod Nixon for further details about that one (now closed)

Let me guess, GM BuyPower WEMC from Capital One? 

Guess who got approved for a whopping $300 a few weeks ago? I still haven't received the card either, but as soon as I do I'm going to recon or close. I didn't even want to brag about the approval here, or add the card to my signature because it's such a low limit.

DeeBee, was it for the Freedom?? Smiley Indifferent

Message 46 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nixon, How did you get your freedom to raise to 8.5k without HP? Mine is at 3.5k and I would love an increase without a HP...

Message 47 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

@toi34 wrote:

For me it was the $100 Walmart, a year later it's at $2100.

Toi, that's a pretty good cli over one year -not bad at all.

But yes, that $100 is pretty pathetic.

Did you buy a ton of toilet paper and paer towels for a $100 bucks?

Message 48 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for an Amex BCE yesterday for $1,000. It was surprising to me, having gotten two $10k Visa Signatures a month ago. On the pre-qual site, they were offering 12.99% on the EDP, and the Platinum with 100k MR. I wonder what it was about my file the computer didn't like. I only started rebuilding two months ago, so I'm not going to call it ridiculous exactly. They pulled an EX 726, which is on the lower end for this card, I think.

Here's what's kinda ridiculous. I asked the CSR to change my Member Since date to when I first got an Amex, back when everyone was tossing out credit cards to graduating high school seniors. So my account says "Member Since 1991, Available Credit $1,000."

I have a secured Cap1 with a $200 SL. Teenagers probably have more credit on their Cricket mobile cards, but it's a secured rebuilder, and it is what it is. 

The Amex though...

Message 49 of 130
Anonymous
Not applicable

In August 2014, I was approved for a Nebraska Furniture Mart card with a limit of $500. In November, I was trying to buy a new bedroom set and I asked for a CLI, but they told me no. That afternoon, American Express gave me an $8,000 limit on a new Blue Cash Everyday card, so I used the Amex to buy the furniture at 0% interest for 12 months.

Message 50 of 130
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.