Re: What is visa signature?

Jokes are fine but there's a limit so let's stay on topic

Message 11 of 16
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
It means you have to sign in person so no online transactions.

In the same way World Mastercard means it is restricted to transactions on Earth, not accepted in the space station for example.

LMAO 

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a visa brand invented by Irish and his friends!!

Message 13 of 16
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

I have one card that says Visa Signature and that's my $4k Citi Costco Anywhere Card.
Message 14 of 16
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but some visa signature (VS) cards come with a flexible spending limit, meaning that the card issuer may approve the customer spending above their CL without penalty, within certain parameters.  This used to be a much more common feature on VS cards in the past, but within recent years, some card issuers have removed the flexible spending feature on all or some of their featured VS cards (FNBO is one example).

Message 15 of 16
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but some visa signature (VS) cards come with a flexible spending limit, meaning that the card issuer may approve the customer spending above their CL without penalty, within certain parameters.  This used to be a much more common feature on VS cards in the past, but within recent years, some card issuers have removed the flexible spending feature on all or some of their featured VS cards (FNBO is one example).

Capital One as well, from what I understand. They even report as Flexible Spending cards (like my World MasterCard Quicksilver), but Capital One won't let you unless you opt-in to go over the limit on your card preferences. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.