Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your American Express APR?

tag
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

Re: What is your American Express APR?

reading all this really annoys me because they told me the lowest possible rate for the bce is 15%.

Message 51 of 57
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

@lionsfan20 wrote:

reading all this really annoys me because they told me the lowest possible rate for the bce is 15%.

Per their website:

Message 52 of 57
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@manwoot wrote:

@lionsfan20 wrote:

Per their website:

It usually depends on the credit offer, too, though

Say you applied for a higher bonus offer and/or applied through a mailer or creditcards.com. The terms can often be different than applying directly through the website. I remember when I applied for the Chase Freedom $300 bonus, the lowest APR you could have been offered for that particular offer was 17.99%. When you go on the Chase website, you can see that the APR goes much lower, however the sign-up bonuses are smaller as well.

Hope that helps a little!

Message 53 of 57
WolfMan
Regular Contributor

My HHonors is at 19.24% - But I never carry a balance, so haven't paid much attention to it. 

Message 54 of 57
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@lionsfan20 wrote:

As stated multiple times in this thread, the terms are available online.  It's certainly possible that there was miscommunication at one or both ends of the conversation.  Lowest possible for you may be 15% due to your credit and/or your signup offer.  Always do you due dlingence when looking to apply.

Message 55 of 57
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

It arrived quickly huh lexie?!? :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 56 of 57
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@youngandcreditwrthy

Yea, it was expedited for him. This is his very first Amex. He's been an ACM on mine for years but never a primary. Guess its time for me to be an ACM. Smiley Surprised
Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.