tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: What is your average app spree

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I go until I'm denied.

LOL... are you ever concerned with increasing overall approval of available TLs >$50K in one shot and any of your current lenders taking AA on your current accounts? (i.e. they perform standard/monthly AR and see that you've increased the # of TLs by two-fold and high CLs).

The cards I use for bonus rewards generally don't stay open for long, particularly Citi HHonors cards.  Churn & burn!  

Word has it on the street (or web), that they be cracking down on the burn and churn.  Just sayin'.

Signature needs updating
Message 11 of 27
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

I've never spree'd. If I app, I fully expect to get the card. I own the cards I want or feel I need. I don't apply for the numbers. I've easily gone 5 yrs without applying in the past.

I admit to apping 4 times in the last two years because of better rewards. I guess that would be my spree!

Message 12 of 27
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I go until I'm denied.

LOL... are you ever concerned with increasing overall approval of available TLs >$50K in one shot and any of your current lenders taking AA on your current accounts? (i.e. they perform standard/monthly AR and see that you've increased the # of TLs by two-fold and high CLs).

The cards I use for bonus rewards generally don't stay open for long, particularly Citi HHonors cards.  Churn & burn!  

Word has it on the street (or web), that they be cracking down on the burn and churn.  Just sayin'.

LOL alrighty then.  To each their own.  Just sayin' Smiley Tongue

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I go until I'm denied.

I'm all for it if we see something good come out of it, like lower non-promo interest rates.

Message 14 of 27
Chris679
Established Contributor

1 new account per year
Message 15 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I go until I'm denied.

I'm all for it if we see something good come out of it, like lower non-promo interest rates.

Wishful thinking, but doubtful.

Message 16 of 27
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I did a spree 1 x and ended up with 22.99% APR from Chase (a souvenir to keep for life as they will not adjust in the near future)...will not spree again. My best results are if I simply wait and add 1 card every 6 months or if for sure not the same bureau is pulled I will add 2 cards at the time.  Goal is not only acceptance but best terms or close to best terms  Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

I did a spree 1 x and ended up with 22.99% APR from Chase (a souvenir to keep for life as they will not adjust in the near future)...will not spree again. My best results are if I simply wait and add 1 card every 6 months or if for sure not the same bureau is pulled I will add 2 cards at the time.  Goal is not only acceptance but best terms or close to best terms  Smiley Happy

@Anonymous @ "souvenir".  Sometimes, nut not always, that can be a downside of application sprees in that not the best terms are assigned with the CC if the risks with the lender are not perceived as favorable (presence of multiple inquiries or too many new accounts in a short time). 

On a side note, any word on your Diners?

Message 18 of 27
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

If you have a favorite goto card then the 22.99% could be used to help UTIL.   So it's somewhat useful.

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 19 of 27
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous @ "souvenir".  Sometimes, nut not always, that can be a downside of application sprees in that not the best terms are assigned with the CC if the risks with the lender are not perceived as favorable (presence of multiple inquiries or too many new accounts in a short time). 

On a side note, any word on your Diners?

Kind of see the problem Chase had with my spree... from 2 accounts to 6 accounts and 4 x CL (was the last card in series). As for Diners I will stick to my plan and app earliest in December as I got my last two cards in June....lol... Diners will not run away I guess and this will teach me a lesson to my willpower Smiley Happy .. Also that Citi DC is tempting me  but hey... I told myself no apps for 6 months and now got to stick to it!

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.