Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your everyday card?

tag
weeehooo
Valued Member

What is your everyday card?

Right now I m using the Arrival AF version for all my spending that does not fall under any better reward categories. I was thinking about switching to us bank club Carlson in the future.

What do other people use?
Citi AAdvantage World Elite 38.5K | OCCU Duck Card 20k | PenFed Cash Rewards 13.5k | Chase Freedom 9k | Citi Dividends 9k | US Bank Club Carlson 9k | Southwest Visa Signature 8.5k | US Bank Cash + 7.5k | Discover it 7.5k | Citi Prestige World Elite 7k | Sallie Mae 6.3k | Chase IHG Rewards 5.6k | Amex Hilton Honors 5.5k

Less then 1% Util, Last baddie off my CR 12/23/13, in the garden until 12/14
Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

Re: What is your everyday card?

Right now I switch between Discover IT & Chase Freedom. Haven't hit "primetime" yet in order to obtain a travel card. Once I do, I'll be shooting for CSP and will use my Freedom card probably exclusively and transfer points. 

**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
GOAL: 750 ACROSS THE BOARD
Last App: 10/13
Gardening Until: 4/14 (At least)
Message 2 of 52
JSS3
Valued Contributor

My Discover It for Offline and Online purchases.

My Amazon Visa for Amazon exclusively(which is were I mostly shop).

Citi Dividend would be next up for their shopping mall but the other two are used everyday.

Message 3 of 52
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Barclays no-AF for dining + trains, planes, hotels

BoA for everything else

All of my purchases are international so I save a ton of money with no Foreign Transaction + No Exchange fees. This combo gets me the best point value.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 4 of 52
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

Citi Dividend would be next up for their shopping mall but the other two are used everyday.

Have you tried the Sallie Mae, better for the first $750 per month on Amazon?

Message 5 of 52
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Same here. Most of my charges are ouside the US and therefore the AF version of the Arrival is my best choice. Not to depend on a single lender I use my other cards where it makes sense. Just recently found out that Discover's 5% categories worked in Europe. Tested the gas station promo and it got me 5%...kind of a nice and unexpected result and of course no FTF for Discover. I will test other categories next year. Oct to Dec is def a no go as Discover cannot be processed on Diners Club network due to the card number not having the same number digits as Diners.
Message 6 of 52
eddie84
Valued Contributor

I mostly rotate them. The ones that get used frequently are usually the newer cards. Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 52
mab6311
New Contributor

Do you live outside the US and just use US cards because they are a better value?

Message 8 of 52
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

Have you tried the Sallie Mae, better for the first $750 per month on Amazon?

I'll definitely be getting that card in the future for the reason you stated. I'm gardening right now since my AAoA is 4months after my recent apps. Sally Mae is provided by Barclays. They dislike new inquries/accounts.

Message 9 of 52
brother7
Established Contributor

My everyday card is the Priceline Rewards VISA because I have the old 2x-points-on-all-purchases reward structure. Heart

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 10 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.