cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your expereince with Walmart Discover CLI's?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

What is your expereince with Walmart Discover CLI's?

What is your expereince with Walmart Discover CLI's? Yesterday, I got it approved with a CL of $1100.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Re: What is your expereince with Walmart Discover CLI's?

Discover is always pretty conservative with CLIs...I've never gotten an increase of more than 10-20% (~$1k).

Message 2 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@scientifics wrote:

Discover is always pretty conservative with CLIs...I've never gotten an increase of more than 10-20% (~$1k).

Was it every 4 months like other GEMB Cards?

Message 3 of 7
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Discover gave me an auto CLI after about 6 months of a few hundred dollars. My only other CLI was when I called and asked and took a hard pull.

Message 4 of 7
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

CLI 3K -- PRIOR CREDIT LIMIT -- 4K

Current Balance* :$55.35 
Minimum Payment Due :$0.00Make a Payment
Payment Due Date :09/16/2011 

Available Credit* :$6,944.00Request Increase
Available For Cash Advance* :$800.00 
Total Credit Limit :$7,000.00 

Last Payment :$50.00 
Last Payment Posted :09/12/2011View Online
Payment History

Last Statement Date :08/24/2011 
Last Statement Balance :$74.59View Statement
earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 5 of 7
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

Along the lines of the post, I have a question:

I am planning to ask for a credit increase at about the 6 month point (March '12).  The original CL they instantly approved me for when I applied online was $1300.  This seemed rather anemic given my other CL's and my scores.

If I called and talked to a CSR would I be more likely to get a higher CLI?   I'd like to see 4 or 5K CL.  It probably wouldn't affect me much if it was a HP at that point.

Think they'll go for it, or would I be wasting an INQ?

Thanks,

[edited to actually use a question mark for my question]

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 6 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

This thread was started for the "Walmart Discover" which is a GE card, and it appears 1 or 2 posters have been referring to a real discover card.

As far as the GE Walmart Discover it's going to be similar to other GE cards, CLI every 4 months, it seems to be random who gets the $125 CLI and who gets the $3k CLI but I think Walmart/Sams are a little bit better usually regarding CLI.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.