Re: What is your favorite card and why?

Unity The Comeback Card

Why: it sounded funny in my head to say that. (=

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 11 of 73
elim
Senior Contributor

RC is def my favorite.  Great refunds, benefits and rewards at our Marriott stays. Also, it's truly a sweet CC.

Message 12 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

RC is a pretty card!! I would be lying if I didn't say that the appearance of the card is usually the first reason I research the card
Message 13 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CSP says it has a 'sleek metal design,' I see in your sig that you have one. Is it actually heavy and metal? Lol
Message 14 of 73
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The CSP says it has a 'sleek metal design,' I see in your sig that you have one. Is it actually heavy and metal? Lol

CSP is a metal core (tin can thickness) between 2 plastic sheets. The card weighs 1/2 oz.   Ritz is solid metal card and weighs 1 oz. It makes a loud "clang" when you drop it on a counter, The CSP does not.

Message 15 of 73
Xistaben2
New Contributor

My favorite card is my AMEX EDP.  It's fairly new to me still, but I am absolutely loving the dynamics of the card.  So much so that I have put all of my spend through it where I can.  I've said it in some other threads, I think it is the most underrated card out there.

It is a powerhouse for getting MR's which can easily be valued at 1cpp or much much more if you know how to do it.  Even at 1cpp only, it essentially breaks down like this (assuming you maintain 30 transactions a month, which I've found is extremely easy):

4.5% on Groceries (up to $6000 a year, then 1.5)

3% on Gas

2% on Travel booked through AMEX Travel (pretty sure this happens, haven't tried it yet - also not sure if the 50% bonus applies making it 3% essentially?)

1.5% on Other

I signed up with a 30k offer after 3k spend and 0% APR for 15 months, 13.24% after that (which I am sure I can get down by then).  On top of all of that, you get access to the AMEX offers which I've found are incredibly useful.  Between the 2x the points on Amazon purchases which just ended, 2x the points on Best Buy, cash back on Hulu and various other local offers - I've more than made up the $95 AF just in offers alone.

It's just a beast of a card and with MR transfer bonuses that pop up, one can seriously jack up the value of their MR's.  Use this card in conjunction with like a PRG (which I don't have yet) and it's unstoppable.  Just my opinion though.

Message 16 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
PCMCU Platinum Rewards Mastercard. It's 5% back on anything up to $1000 per month.

The APR is also below 10% on that card for the time being. 

Message 17 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's like asking a parent to choose their favorite kid. Smiley TongueSmiley LOL

I love my QS which was PC'd from my Plat, because Cap1 was the first to offer me a no AF card and they gave me a decent increase on month 5.

I love my CFU because it was my first rewards card (Pc'd the QS after this one) and they gave me a decent card right off the bat.

I love my CU card because it has a low APR if I need to carry a balance.

I love my BCE becuase who doesn't need gas and groceries?

Next on my list is marvel, and I will love it because I work 12 hour shifts so we eat out a lot.

Message 18 of 73
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

Cap1 Quicksilver, lovely rewards, nice sign up bonus, and EASY to use website, also easy (so easy) to apply rewards.

Message 19 of 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

RC is def my favorite.  Great refunds, benefits and rewards at our Marriott stays. Also, it's truly a sweet CC.

I was recently approved for this card. Can't wait to get it!!! This may be my new favorite and my AMEX Platinum will be second. 

Message 20 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.