cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your go to card?? (List order)

tag
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: What is your go to card?? (List order)

Ink Plus,  Arrival Plus. 

I virtually get 5 UR points everywhere because I buy one too many gift cards at Staples lol. And a packet of gum too Smiley Wink haha.

And everything else just goes on the Arrival. 

Message 41 of 74
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Amex BCP - Gas and Groceries

Chase Sapphire Preffered - Everything Else

Message 42 of 74
flawesome
Contributor

Fidelity Amex (Anything not already catagorized)

Chase freedom/Discover (Gas this quarter)

BOA 3-2-1 (Groceries for %2.2 while I wait to app for Sallie Mae)

| BoA BBR 5k | Discover it 1k | freedom 2.2k | Fidelity AMEX 1.5k | Sallie Mae 1k | AARP 2.2k | BJ's PPlus 3.7k |
Message 43 of 74
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@Slim1Der wrote:

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

AMEX Platinum NPSL

Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard

That's all. The other 18 are stored and only used every six months to keep them active.

The other credit I have at my disposal are five personal lines of credit. Again, I use them once every 6 months to keep them active and for one of them, if I use it once a year, the $25 annual fee (Citi I think) is waived.

Upwards of $300,000+ total in credit.

DAMN! That's impressive! So you do have to utilize LOC's the same as CC's to keep them active? 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The Citi PLOC I use at least once a year to waive the $25 annual. I don't know for sure if I have to use the PLOC to keep them active, but it doesn't hurt to use them once every 6 months. I just transfer $100 from the PLOC to checking, and then pay it off in a week, the interest is under 25 cents each time. I am afraid they may close since with credit cards one time I didn't use it and tried to use it over a year later and it was closed for inactivity, so I called and asked how come no one told me, they said, we sent you a letter, I said I never got it, they said, you can apply again (HP!), I did, and got it back. So with PLOC after having worked hard (sending in paystubs, tax docs, etc). I do not want to lose them, so I use them once every 6 months.

Message 44 of 74
gamegrrl
Frequent Contributor

My fave go-to card is NFCU Visa Signature. 1.5% cashback, and I love how the cashback works. As soon as a purchase hits your account, you can move the cashback to checking or savings if you wish. No minimum. No waiting.

I also saved a ton of money by using the NFCU shopping portal with that card. Last Christmas, I got some ridiculous savings on top of other savings with this card. The best example I can think of was an ADDITIONAL 15% off at Kohl's, which was on top of their 20% off sale AND some other stacked savings at the same time. 

EX myFICO 850 - EQ myFICO 850 - TU myFICO 850
Goal Score: 800+ across the board! *DONE!!!*
Message 45 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCP for Gas/Groceries

Barclays Arrival Plus for 2X point on everything

Capital One Quicksilver one for 1.5% back on everything

Barclays Rewards Mastercard for 2X on Monthly recurring bills

Message 46 of 74
ekuarykan
Established Member

Right now...
AMEX EDP for most purchases, which is complemented by my Chase Sapphire when eating out.

Freedom and Discover for the 5% categories.

I do use the J. Crew and Gap cards in their stores for the rewards, which are pretty good (especially Gap).

The Amazon and Best Buy store cards can be good for the financing offers if I need them.
AMEX Gold - NPSL, BoA Travel Rewards - $25K, AMEX ED - $21K, Verizon Visa - $20K , Discover IT - $16.7K, Apple Card - $16.5K, Amazon Visa - $14.5K, Chase Freedom Unlimited - $10.6K, Citi Rewards+ - $10.1K, GAP Visa - $10K, Barclays View MC - $10K, Citi AA Gold - $9.1K, Chase United - $8.5K, AMEX BC - $7.8K, JetBlue Plus MC - $7.5K, Target REDcard MC - $3.5K, Macy’s AMEX - $1K, Walmart MC - $300
Message 47 of 74
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

1. CSP for subways, taxis, restaurants, and nightclubs (which most are categorized as restaurant spend)

2. Barclays for utilities and pharmacy purchases

3. Amex PRG for groceries (might close at 1yr mark and move grocery spend to no annual fee Barclays)

4. Fidelity Amex for all merchants that dont fall under at least 2% on more frequently used cards, that accept Amex

5. Cap1 QS1 for gym membership and merchants that don't get 2 percent elsewhere and do not accept Amex.

6. Delta and Marriott get occasional use with their respective companies.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 48 of 74
H14
Contributor

Citi Forward (5x)
Chase Freedom when it's in season, because UR can be worth more than TYP

Sallie Mae WMC for when it's not the Freedom's turn for gas. 

Message 49 of 74
Bman70
Established Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

Cash + (For fast food, restaurants)
Ink Plus (for cell phone, telephone line at home, dishnetwork that is bundled with telephone line.)
Arrival + (for general spend that isn't covered by a higher than 2.2% yield.)
Sallie Mae (Groceries, Gas, and Amazon.)
Have been using the Freedom some this category for 5% spending there at gas stations.

I think that's about it.

Hey you couldn't have got your Cash+ that fast! Lol

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 50 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.