Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your lowest APR card?

tag
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

What is your lowest APR card?

Just curious - what ar the lowest APR cards that everyone has? I was approved (instant approval in branch $7K) for a Synovus Visa Travel Rewards card ($35 AF after the 1st year, 5x points on travel and travel related) @ 8.25%, and no FTF. This beats out my next lowest cards by around 5%.....   Rep in the bank gave me the APR when I applied, but I found it hard to believe, until the card came in the mail today!

0% intro APR, and 0% BT with no BT fees if done in branch or by phone

Interesting that this is the same bank that issues the First Progress bottom feeder secured cards... nice to know that they offer unsecured cards with great APR...
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: What is your lowest APR card?

With the increases in the prime rate, my NFCU Flagship Rewards is up to 10.99% but is my personal lowest CU card and my Citi Diamond Preferred is up to 12.99% but is my personal lowest bank card.  I'm assuming that if I did a PC to the NFCU Platinum card, my APR would be 6.99%, but I got the Flagship hoping for the $80k credit line so no plans to change it yet.

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm happy to say I really don't know. I pay in full each month so it doesn't matter to me what it is. However, I think it is my Amex BCE.
Message 3 of 29
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Of the open cards in my current cc collection, the lowest APR I have among them would be the 5.49% F card that I have with BEFCU.

Message 4 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@galahad15 wrote:

Of the open cards in my current cc collection, the lowest APR I have among them would be the 5.49% F card that I have with BEFCU.

Trade you two cards for that bad boy lol.

Message 5 of 29
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

At the moment it's my new CU card from Penfed at 9.49%, bank card it's probably my AMEX BCE at 12.9% I think I would have to check that. Do plan to app for a NFCU card sometime soon so depending on my choice I might get a new lower APR card but debating on that. Have to say it's been hard to pick a card from their lineup.

Message 6 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@simplynoir wrote:

At the moment it's my new CU card from Penfed at 9.49%, bank card it's probably my AMEX BCE at 12.9% I think I would have to check that. Do plan to app for a NFCU card sometime soon so depending on my choice I might get a new lower APR card but debating on that. Have to say it's been hard to pick a card from their lineup.

I would grab the Plat from them with your scores you will certainly get the 6.99% apr.  Pretty hard to beat that!  That is where navy showed their size when they lowered the plat from I believe 8.99 or 9.99 to 6.99.

Message 7 of 29
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

I would grab the Plat from them with your scores you will certainly get the 6.99% apr.  Pretty hard to beat that!  That is where navy showed their size when they lowered the plat from I believe 8.99 or 9.99 to 6.99.

Assuming I do that does Penfed do PCs or do I not even bother with that? I do plan to get another Penfed card down the road so maybe I'll just leave it as is. With NFCU some people have luck with getting 2 cards initially (multiple HPs but I can live with that) so I guess it depends on what I want other than the Platinum card.

Message 8 of 29
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@simplynoir wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Assuming I do that does Penfed do PCs or do I not even bother with that? I do plan to get another Penfed card down the road so maybe I'll just leave it as is. With NFCU some people have luck with getting 2 cards initially (multiple HPs but I can live with that) so I guess it depends on what I want other than the Platinum card.

PenFed doesn't do PC's from my expereince with them although others might have better luck although love my 2% card from them at 35k.  Although they do move CL's around for a person if you applied for another card and needed it moved wouldn't be an issue.

W/regards to NFCU I would wait 3 months/3 statements prior to applying for two navy cards at once as alot better chance of approval and saving a HP.  Others might have different thoughts, but just mine personally.  Have 2 Navy cards at 25k each now.  First one started out at 24k then got a SP CLI to 25k at 3 months then applied for 2nd NFCU and got another 24k then another 3 months later got it to the 25k mark as well by SP.

Message 9 of 29
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

PenFed doesn't do PC's from my expereince with them although others might have better luck although love my 2% card from them at 35k.  Although they do move CL's around for a person if you applied for another card and needed it moved wouldn't be an issue.

W/regards to NFCU I would wait 3 months/3 statements prior to applying for two navy cards at once as alot better chance of approval and saving a HP.  Others might have different thoughts, but just mine personally.  Have 2 Navy cards at 25k each now.  First one started out at 24k then got a SP CLI to 25k at 3 months then applied for 2nd NFCU and got another 24k then another 3 months later got it to the 25k mark as well by SP.

Sounds like a plan. Already having difficulty picking a card anyways so I'll go with Platinum and come back to the issue 3 months later. Thanks for the tips there.

And sorry for temporairly hijacking the thread there. Continue on!

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.