What is your most annoying card...

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: What is your most annoying card...

@Anonymous wrote:

@GoldSorata wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought my carecredit was annoying because I was only keeping it for the age.  I ran the numbers and found that I'll only lose 50 days average if it closes.  Does it matter if I close or let synchrony close it?

AAoA factors in both open and closed accounts so you wouldn't lose any age on your credit profile anyway

just thinking ahead 10 years, for when i'm 18 Smiley Happy

+1

LOL... and for when I'm 21.  Smiley Wink

Just to add a thought, folks who don't make a habit of adding new accounts might be impacted when an old account finally stops reporting, especially if that account is an installment account or mortgage (and was the only installment account or mortgage).  It's a little bit easier with credit cards since most folks (especially on here) are always shifting things around, and it's not a huge factor for FICO anyway, but I don't totally discount it.  That's just my 2¢.

Also, closed positive accounts generally report for 10 years, but they aren't actually required to.  In my own case, I've had accounts drop off well before the 10 year period was up, and there are a few folks who report closed positive accounts inexplicably reporting past the 10 year period, so YMMV. 

I personally would not use AAoA as the sole reason to keep an account open (especially if there's an AF involved), but for a no-AF card that's got some age, I would really think about the 'big picture' before closing it.  (Again, this is my own 'take'... we all have to figure out what's best for our own situation.)

Message 61 of 69
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

My Amex BCE, my tiniest limit but I still love it.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 62 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of my two cards... Cap1 Journey. Low credit line with 300 SL now 500 CL. Low reward cashback. Least used card. Smiley Sad

I wish Cap1 can be generous as Citi. They gave me 1500 CLI from my 2000 SL. 

Message 63 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 5k and 6k from AMEX, 7700 Citi, 9k from Chase. I get a measley 200.00 from Discover. But I cant close it.Smiley Sad I want it to grow! 

Message 64 of 69
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Target  Red card  $200 CL  4 year old the card i got the month after it was my first AMEX Blue Cash Prefered, started with a 6.5k limit now at 15,000 CL yet the lowly Target card sits at $200.  DW shops there ever 6 months or so, I keep it open for the 5% discount.  In fhe past i used it more but these days its. use PIF and forget,

I have thought about writing a letter to Target CEO and tell them why I will never use there card for a major purchase, want to sell me a TV or a game system, a new kitchenaide mixer, forget about it, i'm not going to max the card or risk getting denied at the register because i went over the $200 CL and I refuse to use any other card at target because I feel like I am leaving money on the table and not in my wallet if i don't get  the 5% discount, so instead I will shop at amazon, best buy, new egg, and usually get better prices any way. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 65 of 69
Tubelo
Established Member

Target Store Card. I have had that thing since 2003 when they gave me a $200 limit. I use the card religiously, and pay it off before a ststement generates.  I JUST received a CLI in February of....$300! Smiley Frustrated 

So yes. My 13 year old Target Store Card with a $500 is my most annoying card. lol

Message 66 of 69
KayMD
Valued Member

Well I have 3. My two FP cards that are at $400 each and my Credit One card at $1,700. I've been told count less times to close it but being a service member I get all my fees wavied on all 3 cards so I just keep them! Cause it cost me nothing to have them in my profile.

Message 67 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

my creditone. want to close it but its one of my older cards. once my newer cards age, ill close it.

Message 68 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, lets see.

Secured card from Amalmagated MC: It has served its purpose and I should be able to get unsecured in August hopfully low rate no frills. There are other options.

USAA Platnum MC: It's a 1.25% cash back card, but at 17.25%, I got this when I was at 660 Fico. I don't put much on it, and have never paid interset. Just better choices out there.

Sallie Mae MC: One of my favorites for groceries, gas, and Amazon purchases, difinately a keeper for as long as it lasts.

Fidelity Amex: another go to card for standard purchases, and fidelity will be switching this over to a 2% visa, so I won't run into places that don't take Amex.

So thoughts here is to get Amalmagated to go unsecured and going with a no frills low rate card. I am also interested in seeing Schwabs offerings when they announce there Amex line up cards. Just depends, if its 1.5%, propably not a go for me.

Thinking of having one Amex in the wallet, depending on perks.

Message 69 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.