Established Contributor
cashnocredit

Re: What is your "I've arrived" Card?

namvet wrote:

I arrived in 1971 with Amex!

You beat me.  I got a Green Amex in '74 and a Gold in '75.  I had arrived! 

The thrill lasted 6 months or so but I stopped using it and Amex canceled it around '78.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy15k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Valued Contributor
chnceit

LesWH wrote:

Having which card in your wallet makes you think that you've "arrived" and why?

How about you Les?

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Established Contributor
LesWH

chnceit wrote:

LesWH wrote:

How about you Les?

Hmmm......I don't think it was any one card that made me feel like I had arrived.  When I started out on this journey, I wanted an available credit limit of at least $100,000.  I have that now, so I am at that "arrived" feeling.  I have some pretty great cards in my wallet, but they are just that, cards.  What you can do with those cards is what is important to me.  My "arrived" moment has more to do with flexibility and security.  I have a great job that allows me to pay for most of what I want with cash, but if I ever needed to use credit, I have it.  Does that make sense?

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

New Contributor
ItchyAppFingers

Getting approved for my Discover IT card definitely has proven to me that I have arrived well into primeland, After getting denied twice in my previous years for this card. Plus "IT" is SO gorgeous in my wallet aside from My Amex Zync. :smileywink:
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Valued Contributor
chnceit

LesWH wrote:

chnceit wrote:

LesWH wrote:

How about you Les?

Hmmm......I don't think it was any one card that made me feel like I had arrived.  When I started out on this journey, I wanted an available credit limit of at least $100,000.  I have that now, so I am at that "arrived" feeling.  I have some pretty great cards in my wallet, but they are just that, cards.  What you can do with those cards is what is important to me.  My "arrived" moment has more to do with flexibility and security.  I have a great job that allows me to pay for most of what I want with cash, but if I ever needed to use credit, I have it.  Does that make sense?

This makes great sense, but there must be a card that you wanted and finally aquired to have your "arrived" moment. I too finally broke the $100K mark and finally can breathe :smileyhappy: knowing that I have accomplished my ultimate goal and I dont have to depend on using all my cash when I can use my credit then PIF at the end of the month. 

$100K in Credit
Established Contributor
LesWH

chnceit wrote:

LesWH wrote:

chnceit wrote:

LesWH wrote:

How about you Les?

This makes great sense, but there must be a card that you wanted and finally aquired to have your "arrived" moment. I too finally broke the $100K mark and finally can breathe :smileyhappy: knowing that I have accomplished my ultimate goal and I dont have to depend on using all my cash when I can use my credit then PIF at the end of the month. 

Ok, If I had to pick one, it would be the Chase Sapphire Preferred! :womanvery-happy:

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Established Contributor
snowkitty

I thought I had arrived when I got my Chase Freedom card even though it only came with a 500.00 limit but when I was approved last week for the Amex BCE for 5.5k, I knew I had arrived lol
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe

My "arrived" card was my Chase Freedom. Getting a real, prime, major card really boosted my ego at age 19 :smileytongue: let me know that I was building correctly and to just keep it up!

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k

EQ FICO 709 TU FICO 746 Credit Karma (TU) 780 Transrisk 821/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 762 Credit.com (EX) 763 VantageScore 3.0 733
KenVan

Chase Sapphire Preferred is my "I've arrived" card.  I already had some really great cards but I completely expected to be denied this great card, but I got a great surprise. 

Amex BCP 5.5K, CSP 5K, Amex BCE 4K, Discover 4K, Cap One Plat. 4K, Barclay NFL 2.5K, Chase Freedom 1.5K, Best Buy 800

Last app 1/23/13. CSP approval 5K

FAKO all > 720 as of 1/15/2013
Goal >750
Valued Contributor
chnceit

LesWH wrote:

chnceit wrote:

LesWH wrote:

chnceit wrote:

LesWH wrote:

How about you Les?

Ok, If I had to pick one, it would be the Chase Sapphire Preferred! :womanvery-happy:

On top of my PenFed this is my card too LOL :smileylol: The make of the card is just unique and cool! Have you ever try cutting one up? I did because they spelled my name wrong and its darn hard to cut it up.

$100K in Credit

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+