Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your "I've arrived" Card?

tag
toppers555
Established Contributor

Re: What is your "I've arrived" Card?

I would have to say it was my Bofa soggy. Next level will be once I 3x my amex bc in 2 months, convert cash rewards to cash+ and get csp

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 71 of 85
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Like many others here, I first felt like I had arrived when I was approved for a NFCU Visa Sig at $25,000. My next 'I've arrived' moment will be when I have a Discover It, AmEx BCE, and CSP in my wallet. That will round me out at 6 cards (unless I can PC the Chase Amazon Rewards card, making it 5 - which I would prefer). I am hoping to pick at least one of these cards up this summer, and would like to have all three of them by mid next year.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 72 of 85
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

CSP which I just got approved for today

Message 73 of 85
Goal850
Regular Contributor

My Discover It that I just got approved for yesterday. I still have a long way to go to truly arrive but with this approval I feel I'm definitely on my way.
Message 74 of 85
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

My "almost there" card is my USAA card.  I think my "I've arrived" card will be Amex.  My bankruptcy will be 8 years old in October, so by the end of the year, hopefully I will be an Amex member. 

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 75 of 85
BornSupercharged
New Contributor

I'll have arrived when I have these 3 cards:

- Blue Cash Preferred AMEX

- Chase Sapphire Preferred

- NFCU Visa Signature Flagship Rewards

That's pretty much my motivation for getting my score up. We aren't looking for a new house or car any time soon. Its just for the perks of having the best cards available, and to feel like you've accomplished a goal you set for yourself long ago.

Message 76 of 85
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@_jb_ wrote:

Like many others here, I first felt like I had arrived when I was approved for a NFCU Visa Sig at $25,000. My next 'I've arrived' moment will be when I have a Discover It, AmEx BCE, and CSP in my wallet. That will round me out at 6 cards (unless I can PC the Chase Amazon Rewards card, making it 5 - which I would prefer). I am hoping to pick at least one of these cards up this summer, and would like to have all three of them by mid next year.

As an update, just got the Discover It, and it feels amazing knowing that I qualified for it. In 6 months I will be in the position to grab the AmEx BCE. I'm going back and forth on the CSP now. I don't *really* need it...

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 77 of 85
sambam94
Established Member

lots of CSP replies.  What is so good about this card?..2x travel and dining for $95??..What am I missing...yes, it's metal, what else?

Message 78 of 85
Open123
Super Contributor

@sambam94 wrote:

lots of CSP replies.  What is so good about this card?..2x travel and dining for $95??..What am I missing...yes, it's metal, what else?

Mainly, it allows for transferring UR points to airlines and hotels, which leads to potentiall higher value than redeemed for cash and no forex fee.

Message 79 of 85
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@sambam94 wrote:

Mainly, it allows for transferring UR points to airlines and hotels, which leads to potentiall higher value than redeemed for cash and no forex fee.

Additionally...

https://creditcards.chase.com/sapphire/credit-card-benefits/chase-sapphire-preferred-benefits/?ecm=c...

That 40K sign up points is an incredible benefit, if travel is booked through Chase, that's $500 worth of free travel.  Use the card and/or other Chase cards, accumulate points, combine them, and you've got a free trip to whereever you want to go. 

Message 80 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.