Did you mean: 

What is your "I've arrived" Card?

tag
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Re: What is your "I've arrived" Card?

@namvet wrote:

I arrived in 1971 with Amex!

You beat me.  I got a Green Amex in '74 and a Gold in '75.  I had arrived! 

The thrill lasted 6 months or so but I stopped using it and Amex canceled it around '78.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 61 of 85
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

Having which card in your wallet makes you think that you've "arrived" and why?

How about you Les?

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 62 of 85
LesWH
Established Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

How about you Les?

Hmmm......I don't think it was any one card that made me feel like I had arrived.  When I started out on this journey, I wanted an available credit limit of at least $100,000.  I have that now, so I am at that "arrived" feeling.  I have some pretty great cards in my wallet, but they are just that, cards.  What you can do with those cards is what is important to me.  My "arrived" moment has more to do with flexibility and security.  I have a great job that allows me to pay for most of what I want with cash, but if I ever needed to use credit, I have it.  Does that make sense?

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 63 of 85
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

Getting approved for my Discover IT card definitely has proven to me that I have arrived well into primeland, After getting denied twice in my previous years for this card. Plus "IT" is SO gorgeous in my wallet aside from My Amex Zync. Smiley Wink
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 64 of 85
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

How about you Les?

Hmmm......I don't think it was any one card that made me feel like I had arrived.  When I started out on this journey, I wanted an available credit limit of at least $100,000.  I have that now, so I am at that "arrived" feeling.  I have some pretty great cards in my wallet, but they are just that, cards.  What you can do with those cards is what is important to me.  My "arrived" moment has more to do with flexibility and security.  I have a great job that allows me to pay for most of what I want with cash, but if I ever needed to use credit, I have it.  Does that make sense?

This makes great sense, but there must be a card that you wanted and finally aquired to have your "arrived" moment. I too finally broke the $100K mark and finally can breathe Smiley Happy knowing that I have accomplished my ultimate goal and I dont have to depend on using all my cash when I can use my credit then PIF at the end of the month. 

Message 65 of 85
LesWH
Established Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

How about you Les?

This makes great sense, but there must be a card that you wanted and finally aquired to have your "arrived" moment. I too finally broke the $100K mark and finally can breathe Smiley Happy knowing that I have accomplished my ultimate goal and I dont have to depend on using all my cash when I can use my credit then PIF at the end of the month. 

Ok, If I had to pick one, it would be the Chase Sapphire Preferred! Woman Very Happy

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 66 of 85
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I thought I had arrived when I got my Chase Freedom card even though it only came with a 500.00 limit but when I was approved last week for the Amex BCE for 5.5k, I knew I had arrived lol
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 67 of 85
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

My "arrived" card was my Chase Freedom. Getting a real, prime, major card really boosted my ego at age 19 Smiley Tongue let me know that I was building correctly and to just keep it up!

Message 68 of 85
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Sapphire Preferred is my "I've arrived" card.  I already had some really great cards but I completely expected to be denied this great card, but I got a great surprise. 

Message 69 of 85
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

How about you Les?

Ok, If I had to pick one, it would be the Chase Sapphire Preferred! Woman Very Happy

On top of my PenFed this is my card too LOL Smiley LOL The make of the card is just unique and cool! Have you ever try cutting one up? I did because they spelled my name wrong and its darn hard to cut it up.

Message 70 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.