cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your single LARGEST purchased on your CC?

tag
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

Re: What is your single LARGEST purchased on your CC?

$1700 on a recent vacation charged on my new Discover card.

Message 11 of 129
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

$6,017.80 for the final catering balance for my wedding.

Message 12 of 129
tiger67
Regular Contributor

$8000 for new hardwood floors on Chase Freedom ($140 cash back due to bonus category). Paid in full 2 weeks later.

Before that, it was a little over $7,000 in tuition on my AmEx every semester for the last 3 years. She graduated last Friday Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 129
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Oh, I see.  This is the 'brag about how much expendable income' you have thread.

Probably a vacation, if that counts as a single purchase.  I don't own any Rolexes.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

$7200 new furnace and a/c unit last summer.

PIF the following week...

Ray

Message 15 of 129
vish1
Valued Contributor

2483 for air tickets last week on my Chase BA visa sig. Paid off already.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 16 of 129
spankyspanky
Established Member

$103,400 on business amex.    FWIW, I turned around and sold that same product to the government (I'm a middleman) for $173,000.

Thanks taxpayers Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 129
DI
Super Contributor

@LynetteM wrote:

We put an $11,000+ furnace on a card for the rewards once. I think the dealer was a bit nervous. The furnace had already been installed. They called to make sure we were happy with it. We paid it off in full before it was due, but it was a nice way to kick that amount down the road for about 30 days.

Sorry to get off topic.  Seeing a post by LynetteM caught me off guard!! Smiley Very Happy  You have been away for a long time.  Is the nursing career keeping you extra busy? 

Message 18 of 129
JonStur
Established Contributor

Wow what a profit from the gov't sale..was it a toilet, a hammer or maybe a paperclip??

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 19 of 129
Established Contributor

Two years ago, when my son was 16, I purchased him a used car on my Discover card for $17,000. The dealer did not want me to pay by CC but relented when I was prepared to walk if they did not allow me to pay by CC. Interestingly, they did break up the charge into two charges of $8500 each. Not sure why.

Once posted to my account I paid Discover in full.

Message 20 of 129
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.