cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your single LARGEST purchased on your CC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is your single LARGEST purchased on your CC?

The $300 deposit on my BoA Secured Visa -_-

Message 41 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

1000 on a Car down payment

Message 42 of 129
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

1907 on my Sony/crutchfield credit card. 1834 on my Wells Fargo visa for car repairs.
earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 43 of 129
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@thrasher865 wrote:

Oh, I see.  This is the 'brag about how much expendable income' you have thread.

Probably a vacation, if that counts as a single purchase.  I don't own any Rolexes.

I admit, some of the claims made on this thread, and expressed with such casual flair, is causing me to cringe with jealous envy. I have never even been close to that much expenable income, ever.
earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 44 of 129
n777ua
Established Contributor

$2500 to United for a ticket to Sydney, which I didn't use, so it was refunded.  Largest charge I had to pay for was probably around $1500 for some junk in college I probably didn't need.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 45 of 129
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

The single, largest purchase on a credit card, for me, was for the wedding ring for my wife.

And I'm still paying for that ...every day, of every week. 

And there's no grace period, guys...none, whatsoever!

(Money well spent, too!  I don't regret a nickel of it!)

Love ya, baby!!!   Smiley Happy

Message 46 of 129
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

On a CREDIT card?  Approx $300 buying little odds and ends for my new apartment from Walmart.  On my debit card, >$5000 on new suspension parts for my pickup.  (upgrades are always nice)

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 47 of 129
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Whoa look at all the big shooters. 

I haven't had any credit cards for long, but probably the most I've ever spent in one setting is about $360 on GROCERIES. Apartment with 4 guys = massive grocery bill. 

We take turns paying, so I have a while before it's my turn again. Smiley Very Happy

Photobucket
Message 48 of 129
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Something like $11K? on new flooring and carpeting. Not as a look-at-how-much-I-spent, but we had a 19-year-old cat who had the plumbing issues that you would expect with a 19-year-old cat, and when she moved on to that Great Catnip Patch in the Sky, we yanked out the 20-year-old carpet and replaced it.

I put it on plastic for both convenience and points, and then moved it over to a HELOC.

Not very glam, I agree. Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 49 of 129
daylove
Regular Contributor

@thrasher865 wrote:

Oh, I see.  This is the 'brag about how much expendable income' you have thread.

Probably a vacation, if that counts as a single purchase.  I don't own any Rolexes.

+1

Message 50 of 129
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.