cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your single LARGEST purchased on your CC?

tag
Scene
Regular Contributor

Re: What is your single LARGEST purchased on your CC?

While I was on my parents Centurion (AU), I used it to buy a 2010 Ferrari California which came out to approximately $220,000, IIRC. Were my parent's mad? Just a little but my parents were okay with it and let me have it for one year (I was 17 at the time enjoying my senior year and was in that whole "I can do anything and want anything attitude"). All/most of the kids at my school were driving bmw 3 series but when I rolled in the parking lot with my top down and my girl (at that time) in the passenger seat; everyone's mouth would just drop. It was soo funny at the time. But after I finished my senior year, I decided to sell the Ferrari to some wealthy old man in my neighborhood and used the money to buy a nice 2010 bmw 3 series to use for college.

Message 51 of 129
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Oh well if AU purchases count I'd have to count the $5.4 million dollar beach-front mansion I bought one day when I was 16. Mom was bugging me so I needed somewhere to get away; I figured, what the hey? I'll just charge this to their account and invite some friends over. 

Also bought a Mercedes SLR McLaren to complement the mansion, but that was just a paltry $500k. Chump change, really. 

Photobucket
Message 52 of 129
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@FloridaState12 wrote:

Oh well if AU purchases count I'd have to count the $5.4 million dollar beach-front mansion I bought one day when I was 16. Mom was bugging me so I needed somewhere to get away; I figured, what the hey? I'll just charge this to their account and invite some friends over. 

Also bought a Mercedes SLR McLaren to complement the mansion, but that was just a paltry $500k. Chump change, really. 

Smiley Very Happy

Message 53 of 129
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Lets hope an auditor from the IRS is lurking on these boards....... LOL

Message 54 of 129
barbaralee
Established Contributor

@Scene wrote:

While I was on my parents Centurion (AU), I used it to buy a 2010 Ferrari California which came out to approximately $220,000, IIRC. Were my parent's mad? Just a little but my parents were okay with it and let me have it for one year (I was 17 at the time enjoying my senior year and was in that whole "I can do anything and want anything attitude"). All/most of the kids at my school were driving bmw 3 series but when I rolled in the parking lot with my top down and my girl (at that time) in the passenger seat; everyone's mouth would just drop. It was soo funny at the time. But after I finished my senior year, I decided to sell the Ferrari to some wealthy old man in my neighborhood and used the money to buy a nice 2010 bmw 3 series to use for college.

Haha... and the card is PIF, of course. Smiley Wink

Message 55 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FloridaState12 wrote:

That is GREAT Smiley Very Happy

I'm not one (normally) to question someones post, but this dude posts here he put a Ferrari on an AmEx Centurion, really dude?? If you did indeed do that, my apologies, but I have to honestly say, I do NOT believe that for one second.

Now for my largest purchase $1749.78 for a set of (Black) Steeda Pentars and Nitto NT555's 285/40/18 (rear) and 255/45/18 (front) for my 2006 Torch Red Mustang GT on my BoA World MasterCard (BTW Steeda Pentars and the Nitto's are Wheels and Tires)

I made the purchase 8/12/11 and PIF Monday 8/29/11 (Due Date is the 1st) Didn't want the 1749 reporting LOL!!! Me likes to keep util low and only one CC reporting a small bal on reports. (See what you MyFicoers have done to me?? You've created a credit guru, I have become so diligent with my goals, keep low util (usually 1-4%) have only one CC report a bal etc etc etc......LOL)

This has nothing to do with credit (well it does a little, I used a CC to buy them (wheels/tires) but I wanted to show a pic. Bought the car bone stock 3/10, 28,000 miles and I've since put over 5000K in aftermarket performance mods, yeah I'm a car nut and it is ridiculously fast!!

Message 56 of 129
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Very nice! I had a '95 GT until I totaled it a few years ago. Loved that car. It was forest green with black metallic racing stripes, black Billitt wheels, blacked out tint and headlight/taillight covers, and  of course, dual Flowmaster's.

Driving an Explorer right now...FORD ALL DAY!

Photobucket
Message 57 of 129
barbaralee
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

That is GREAT Smiley Very Happy

I'm not one (normally) to question someones post, but this dude posts here he put a Ferrari on an AmEx Centurion, really dude?? If you did indeed do that, my apologies, but I have to honestly say, I do NOT believe that for one second.

Maybe it is just me but I thought it was obvious the post about the Ferrari was tongue in cheek? Haha, was that suppose to be for real? Smiley Very Happy

Message 58 of 129
smc733
Valued Contributor

1.  15" Macbook Pro $1459...  (clearance from Apple)

2.  University Parking Permit (whole year):  $1,239

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 59 of 129
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@smc733 wrote:

1.  15" Macbook Pro $1459...  (clearance from Apple)

2.  University Parking Permit (whole year):  $1,239

Worth its weight in gold!!!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 60 of 129
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.