cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your spending patern with Chase FREEDOM 10+10 program?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your spending patern with Chase FREEDOM 10+10 program?

We all know that Freedom is a strong no-AF rewards card, especially with rotating 5% categories and the 10+10 program.

My question is regarding your use during the off 5% categories, IF you have other rewards cards in your portfolio. For example, take dining. If you have a card that gives you, let's say, 2% back, what is the cut off for you to switch over from the Freedom to that card? $10? $15 dollars? $20?

Reason why I ask is because I have both the Freedom and an Amex Zync with the restaurants pack, and while it makes sense to use the Freedom for >$10 because you effecitively double your UR points, I'm trying to decide if I should use my Freedom for smaller food purchase, i.e. coffee and fast food, and Zync for everything else. I value MR points slightly higher than UR points, btw (I have an Amex PRG but no Saphhire Preferred, yet).

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is your spending patern with Chase FREEDOM 10+10 program?

I use Freedom in the 5% categories until the $1500 cap is reached for that quarter. Then I switch over to another card, for dining its Citi Forward. How large or small a transaction is doesn't affect whether I use the card.

Message 2 of 3
Pworld
Regular Contributor

Re: What is your spending patern with Chase FREEDOM 10+10 program?

I have the same set up as you OP (including the 10+10 with the checking account). I do not have enough income to run a lot of money through all my cards at once, so i have to rotate with heavy usage by quarters. 

I run heavily through my freedom when the bonus categories fit my life style (i.e. gas, food, movies). Now that the gas and restuarant program is up, i am running everything through my zync (unless its online which i run through my discover through shop discover store, due to current bonus), not so much for the points, but because i am trying to build my internal credit score so i can apply for a PRG, SPG, or BCP next year. Hopefully the points build up as well so i can use them for travel some time in the future. 

Current EQ:809 EX: 808 TU:809

Amex Platinum/ NPSL | Amex Zync/NPSL | Amex Green/NPSL | AMEX BCP/18.1k | Chase Freedom/2.2K | Discover IT/10.9K | Amex HHonors Surpass/9K | Chase Hyatt/5k | Sapphire Preferred/13K | Ink Business Preferred/13K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.