Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of CL on a gas card?

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: What kind of CL on a gas card?

Keep in mind that limits are determined based on what one's credit profile and income quqalify for.  Polling others about their limits will not tell you what you qualify for.

Everyone does not have a gas card either.  I use a PenFed PPCR for gas since it is 5% on gas at the pump and not restricted to one brand.

@Anonymous wrote:

If you try and raise it what do you say to the CSR? (Normally I would call and say I'm looking to make a large purchase but that seems a little weird here.....)

It really doesn't matter as that doesn't change your credit profile or income.  Request the CLI.  If you qualify you qualify.  If you do not you do not.  There are no magic words that grant you a CLI.

Limit is just part of the equation for revolving utilization.  Since RU is balance(s) / limits(s) you don't have to just rely on CLI's to lower RU.  You can also pay down balances prior to report date.  I'm not saying don't request the CLI.  That's your call to make.  Just don't assume that a CLI is the only way to improve RU.

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.