Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of credit card can I get?

tag
itzateach
Regular Contributor

What kind of credit card can I get?

According to the simulator, my credit score should go up to 701-741 next month after paying off all my debt. But on Experian I am fighting a recent collection that came from Comcast (even so my score now is 630 and simulator says 701-741 with the collection). On all 3 I have a 6 year old bankruptcy with 5-6 accounts and most will be  dropping off june 09- nov 09. I can't do much more to raise my scores except wait out the bk's to drop off and possibly add more credit (maybe through my husband - instead of applying for new credit). But the question is, what card based on the above am I most likely to get? TU shows 640 and all of my bk's except one show CLOSED and PAID (NOT derogatory). Which I find weird.

Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: What kind of credit card can I get?

BOA secured.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 5
itzateach
Regular Contributor

With 701-741 scores? I would hope not a secured card! (Is that because my bankruptcies are still showing). When I applied BofA for my husband they pulled up TU and all that shows on it is ONE derog? You would think I could do better than that!
Message 3 of 5
wmarat
Valued Contributor

If simulator says you score is about to be 701-741, does not mean it is 701-741. I would not rely on simulator. What is your present score?

Message Edited by wmarat on 09-22-2008 09:02 PM
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 5
itzateach
Regular Contributor

Present scores are 625, 631, and 640 (Eq, Exp, and TU respectively). My husbands scores went up almost 80 points in 3 weeks after a paydown of his cards, so I expect to hit 700. Also I have no lates, a collection on ONE report (unfounded and about to be deleted), and the only other derogs are the 6 year old bk that is going to fall off in the spring-fall of 09. At least, that is what my reports state!

Any other advice?

P. S. My age of my reports is also 16 years so history says VERY GOOD and I have about 8 paid off mortgages, 2 credit cards, 2 store cards (home depot,lowes) and an auto loan. I think that is about the exact mix everyone talks about.

Message Edited by itzateach on 09-23-2008 07:21 AM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.