Regular Contributor

What lenders do SP for CLI?

This seems to be becoming more popular!  I know AMEX loves to SP and all their requests for CLI are SP!  My Best Buy card was a SP when I requested my first CLI.  I even think KAY does SP occassionally and may grant auto CLI before purchases.  I also remember reading that some Discover and Citi CLIs are SP but I've not yet tried myself.  So, which lenders actually do SP for CLI?  Are there any like AMEX or is it sometimes a HP, sometimes SP just a YMMV thing?

AMEX BCE- $12,600 I Discover IT- $10,000 I Chase Freedom- $7,000 I Citi Double Cash- $3,300 I Best Buy- $2,800 I Bayport CU Visa- $1,000
Super Contributor

Re: What lenders do SP for CLI?

GE, except for their carecredit cards, do SP CLI as well.

Citi, Discover, Wells Fargo and US Bank will try to do a CLI via a SP, but if that's not possible, then a HP would be required.

Chase, CapOne and FIA backed products, including BofA, seems to be HP CLI 99% of the time.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Nordstrom does SP for CLI and upgrades
Age: 23 | FICO: TU 783, EQ 754, EX 771 | FAKO: TU 768, EX 769 | Garden: 4/14 | Total History: 6yr 2mo | AAoA: 3yr 0mo | Util: 1%
........24000...............4000...............6000................7000................500..................5000................7500...............10000
Established Contributor

enharu wrote:

GE, except for their carecredit cards, do SP CLI as well.

Citi, Discover, Wells Fargo and US Bank will try to do a CLI via a SP, but if that's not possible, then a HP would be required.

Chase, CapOne and FIA backed products, including BofA, seems to be HP CLI 99% of the time.

Cap One does hard pulls for CLI? (that is...when they actually do them... Smiley Wink )

$1200 $1250 $4250 NPSL $5300 $1350 $3000

$6050 $5000 $10500 $2416 $6500 $3000
Epic Contributor

Yeah I was going to say Capital One is SP's now and they don't really give them... although $500 seems to be loaded for most in the low end cards.

Macy's is almost always a SP despite them saying many times it will be HP... I don't get why reps are told to say HP but it's always taken from the SP that is already in the system and I have never seen it a HP.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
Super Contributor

Oh my bad. I thought cap1 was HP from people complaining about having a new inquiry after they emailed EO for a CLI. I personally never had a cap1 card.

Macy's/Bloomingdales work the same way as citi. They were able to tell me how much CLI I could get via a SP, and if I want anything more, it will be a HP.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.