Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What lenders do SP for CLI?

tag
eagles08
Regular Contributor

What lenders do SP for CLI?

This seems to be becoming more popular!  I know AMEX loves to SP and all their requests for CLI are SP!  My Best Buy card was a SP when I requested my first CLI.  I even think KAY does SP occassionally and may grant auto CLI before purchases.  I also remember reading that some Discover and Citi CLIs are SP but I've not yet tried myself.  So, which lenders actually do SP for CLI?  Are there any like AMEX or is it sometimes a HP, sometimes SP just a YMMV thing?

AMEX BCE- $12,600 I Discover IT- $10,000 I Chase Freedom- $7,000 I Citi Double Cash- $3,300 I Best Buy- $2,800 I Bayport CU Visa- $1,000
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: What lenders do SP for CLI?

GE, except for their carecredit cards, do SP CLI as well.

Citi, Discover, Wells Fargo and US Bank will try to do a CLI via a SP, but if that's not possible, then a HP would be required.

Chase, CapOne and FIA backed products, including BofA, seems to be HP CLI 99% of the time.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 6
broseph23
Regular Contributor

Nordstrom does SP for CLI and upgrades
Age: 25 | FICO: TU 802, EQ 782, EX 801 | FAKO: TU 778, EX 769 | Garden: 6/2015 | Total History: 7yr 6mo | AAoA: 4yr 2mo | Util: 4%
........24000...............10000.....................6000................7000................500..................5000................18000...............10000
Message 3 of 6
shane82388
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

GE, except for their carecredit cards, do SP CLI as well.

Citi, Discover, Wells Fargo and US Bank will try to do a CLI via a SP, but if that's not possible, then a HP would be required.

Chase, CapOne and FIA backed products, including BofA, seems to be HP CLI 99% of the time.

Cap One does hard pulls for CLI? (that is...when they actually do them... Smiley Wink )

Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yeah I was going to say Capital One is SP's now and they don't really give them... although $500 seems to be loaded for most in the low end cards.

Macy's is almost always a SP despite them saying many times it will be HP... I don't get why reps are told to say HP but it's always taken from the SP that is already in the system and I have never seen it a HP.

Message 5 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

Oh my bad. I thought cap1 was HP from people complaining about having a new inquiry after they emailed EO for a CLI. I personally never had a cap1 card.

Macy's/Bloomingdales work the same way as citi. They were able to tell me how much CLI I could get via a SP, and if I want anything more, it will be a HP.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.