Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What next?...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What next?...

Which one is harder to get, the Chase sapphire preferred or the Venture card?

Message 11 of 18
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Chase Sapphire Preferred

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 12 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

CSP...  my advice is to wait until you've received your 61 day CLI with amex delta and the new limit is reporting...  then, they are more likely to match your Amex Delta limit Also, more likely to be approved on Recon...

Nice approval on the Amex Smiley Happy  Way to go!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, so pleased to have gone from Fico 601 to Amex in two months.  Can the Freedom just be upgraded after a certain period to the Sapphire rather than applying for it seperately?

Message 14 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

generally speaking, the information that I got from Chase was that cards could be PCed after their 1 year anniversary... I got this message when I asked Chase to upgrade my amazon card to the Amazon Visa Siggy.

I personally think its important to use only one card as a primary, so that you aren't diluting your rewards.  For this reason I don't see the point in having both CSP and PRG. Especially since they both have Annual Fees.  Why not just keep Freedom?

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I haven't quite figured out that part of my plan.  I thought I wanted all of my cards to earn miles/points but I also realize that if you spread your spending across 3 or 4 cards then you earn miles alot slower.  I was looking at the perks of the Amex PRG and I thought it had more....does Platinum make more sense? 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What next?...UPDATE

Well yesterday I decided that I would go for broke and applied online for the Chase SP and got the pending review notice.  So today I called the reconsideration number and after answering questions about my report and income, I was approved the Sapphire Prererred. The lady I spoke to said that she could make it happen by moving 3,500 of my availble credit on the Freedom card.  So now I have only 500 on the Freedom but got the CSP as the prize!

Message 17 of 18
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: What next?...UPDATE

Congrats

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.