FSKATERBOY4

Re: What next?...

Which one is harder to get, the Chase sapphire preferred or the Venture card?

Valued Contributor
chnceit

Chase Sapphire Preferred

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
webhopper

CSP...  my advice is to wait until you've received your 61 day CLI with amex delta and the new limit is reporting...  then, they are more likely to match your Amex Delta limit Also, more likely to be approved on Recon...

Nice approval on the Amex :smileyhappy:  Way to go!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
FSKATERBOY4

Thanks, so pleased to have gone from Fico 601 to Amex in two months.  Can the Freedom just be upgraded after a certain period to the Sapphire rather than applying for it seperately?

webhopper

[ Edited ]

generally speaking, the information that I got from Chase was that cards could be PCed after their 1 year anniversary... I got this message when I asked Chase to upgrade my amazon card to the Amazon Visa Siggy.

I personally think its important to use only one card as a primary, so that you aren't diluting your rewards.  For this reason I don't see the point in having both CSP and PRG. Especially since they both have Annual Fees.  Why not just keep Freedom?

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
FSKATERBOY4

Yeah, I haven't quite figured out that part of my plan.  I thought I wanted all of my cards to earn miles/points but I also realize that if you spread your spending across 3 or 4 cards then you earn miles alot slower.  I was looking at the perks of the Amex PRG and I thought it had more....does Platinum make more sense? 

FSKATERBOY4

Re: What next?...UPDATE

Well yesterday I decided that I would go for broke and applied online for the Chase SP and got the pending review notice.  So today I called the reconsideration number and after answering questions about my report and income, I was approved the Sapphire Prererred. The lady I spoke to said that she could make it happen by moving 3,500 of my availble credit on the Freedom card.  So now I have only 500 on the Freedom but got the CSP as the prize!

Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Re: What next?...UPDATE

Congrats

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+