jon22guitar
Regular Contributor

Re: What not to do

@MoreRewards wrote:
I Love this thread. I just lol'd.

Some of it is very Dr S. Sounding

Of course, that is its intended purpose. Smiley Happy

What's your worst advice?

CSP 10,000, Citi Forward 3400, Barclay Arrival+ 2750, BOA Travel Rewards 2700, Discover IT 1500, Chase Freedom 1000, Crap One 500
Message 73 of 76
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Lol I don't know if I've got anything worse!
Some of these were great.

Apply for dozens of cards and once the denials roll in keep trying the card companies like to see persistent people who appreciate challenges. If they won't budge contact all your approved card lenders for a CLI increase. Make sure these are HP only!!! Once that's done cash advance as much of that free money as possible. Use the remaining available credit ASAP so you can have maxed out cards and show the companies you need more CLI and really love doing business with them. Make sure if you bother to make payments it's only the minimum.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 74 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MoreRewards wrote:
Lol I don't know if I've got anything worse!
Some of these were great.

Apply for dozens of cards and once the denials roll in keep trying the card companies like to see persistent people who appreciate challenges. If they won't budge contact all your approved card lenders for a CLI increase. Make sure these are HP only!!! Once that's done cash advance as much of that free money as possible. Use the remaining available credit ASAP so you can have maxed out cards and show the companies you need more CLI and really love doing business with them. Make sure if you bother to make payments it's only the minimum.

Why pay them at all? Just cash it all out and move on to the next one!

Message 75 of 76
BUN
Established Contributor

Re: Give your worst credit card advice

@longtimelurker wrote:

Apply for a card based soley on its appearance ("It's metaaaaal"  Yes, so are some spoons).

Or because of the tier:  "It's a WEMC!!!!!! I'm not sure what that gives me or if I can ever use it.  But.... it's a WEMC!!!!!!"

Or because it has an EMV chip (all cards will soon so it's really not that special).

"IT"S METAAAAL!!!" I laughed so hard I snorted...

Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 76 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.